Meat glue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A chunk of meat, cooked rare, with the never to have seen the atmosphere surfaces seeing it for the first time, and the exposed surfaces charred has worked for a pretty long time.

Ground beef a little less long (pemmican excluded, but it was dried), but a rare ground beef, unless tartare is a risk.

taking bits or exposed meat, surface to volume, and sticking them together...blech.

It's bacteria and food poisoning waiting to happen.

Being as the article is from San Francisco makes me question it right there.

I take very little from CA as gospel.

That is why disclaimers exist on the menu about eating undercooked food at your own risk. Do like I do and eat your steaks well done and avoid the whole situation.

It's not undercooked if it's not piecemeat
"Avoiding the situation" and eating "well done" isn't eating food, nor meat.

Actually raw meat has enzymes which is the optimal. Can't beat fresh but the industrial to make every $$$ is what today is. What is lacking is enzymes which is why I eat natto.

Originally Posted By: SVTCobra
That is why disclaimers exist on the menu about eating undercooked food at your own risk. Do like I do and eat your steaks well done and avoid the whole situation.

Well done is a bit extreme, in my opinion.

Problem is that most consumers do not have a good understanding of what "medium" truly is when they arrive at a steakhouse.

If the beef is fresh ground, like they do at Fuddruckers, I have no problem with a rare burger.

I love steak tartare, FWIW.

I'm also a fan of Kibbe nayyeh

As much as I prefer not to eat pink slime or glued meat, I think they are not the worst thing in our food supply.

At least the ammonia in pink slime and the glue occurs in natural environment as well and our body can tolerate it, as well as sodium nitrate (that cure meats just like meat glue).

The bigger problem I found is the antibiotic, hormones, etc that is pumped into the animals they raise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ractopamine

The ractopamine stuff they add to pork fed to make them lean can be more serious, especially if you are into pork livers and other organs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SVTCobra
Originally Posted By: Shannow
It's not undercooked if it's not piecemeat

What about hamburgers? I can get undercooked hamburgers at almost any restuarant.

Hamburger is piece meat,and I'll never eat rare minced meat unless I've made it myself (or as stated at a restaurant that knows what they are doing).

Eating meat well done does you no favours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back