McDonald's New Chicken Sandwich

I remember my friend really wanted me to try Arch Deluxe back in HS senior year because he just learned how to make it (he worked there part time).

There were some weird ones along the way like the McDLT. It was just a burger with two parts in a clamshell package. The idea was that the cold side stayed cold so lettuce and tomato didn't get soggy being stored for several minutes on a warm patty. But that was back when McDonald's was still using styrofoam packaging. It got really weird around us because the city of Berkeley banned fast food styrofoam packaging at about the same time, and McDonald's started making special versions of the package made of cardboard. Of course they eventually stopped using styrofoam nationwide.

There aren't too many fast food chains still using styrofoam. Sonic is one. I've been to their location in Hayward and they don't allow it so it's just PET cups. And then CFA.

I would like to know whether it’s made from a whole fillet
As opposed to the Burger King reconstituted original chicken sandwich or tenders
It is sort of 1/2 of a breast of today's broiler chicken. It is not chopped then glue back together. Come on, it cost 50% more at least, it better not be as bad.

I would like to know whether it’s made from a whole fillet
As opposed to the Burger King reconstituted original chicken sandwich or tenders

I would care more about how good it tastes. Breast meat doesn't have a lot of flavor - especially from modern broiler chickens. The best flavor of actual chicken comes from heritage breeds and dark meat. There are a few places that serve chicken sandwiches made from dark meat. It's not necessarily a single, solid piece, but you'll get way more chicken flavor.

Dark meat.
You’re at Eater, so you probably already realize that dark meat is the superior chicken meat. That’s now a prerequisite connoisseur take, along with hating filet mignon as a cut of beef and pretending to like bone marrow. All of the major fast-food chains use white meat as the base of their fried chicken sandwich, almost certainly because it’s easier from a production standpoint and because Americans are exactly the type of nutritional hypocrites to request a lean cut of bird for a goddamn fried chicken-burger — with fries and a Coke on the side.​
As it stands now, the only place that uses dark meat is David Chang’s Fuku, which has a grand total of five locations nationwide (a sixth is coming soon, oh boy!) and includes all of the unpleasant, casual militancy of the Chang empire’s other restaurants. I shouldn’t have to rely on one of the designated food oligarchs to make this upgraded chicken sandwich a reality on a national scale. Dark meat is cheaper than white meat. It also happens to have, you know, flavor. We currently consume so much white meat that livestock conglomerates are genetically engineering chickens to have LARGER breasts, which is both appalling and — from a heartless, taste perspective — produces even drier breasts, as if such a thing is possible.​

Popeye's sours any experience with lousy management and they could sell far more but are incapable of delivering the fast service required to compete. Seriously in my area they really suck and are absolutely the rudest bunch around. Too bad
Lol yep. I haven’t been to a Popeyes in well over a decade and it seemed like I always had to wait 10 minutes for them to make the food.

Just the thought of McDonald’s food makes me thankful (okay, not really) that I have Celiac disease. Any fast food will make me sicker than a dog.

Think I will pass. I use to enjoy McDonalds. Now seems the only thing halfway decent to order is black coffee, and that is if it is purchased between six and eight am. Can't even count on the fountain drinks coming out properly at a McDonalds.

McDonalds went from a very well run organization with very predictable prepared food and clean restaurants .... McDonalds has turned into a organization with very marginal and low quality food, often poorly prepared, even filthy restrooms are common..... But they do have absolutely fantastic and convenient locations.

Today's McDonalds is not the McDonalds of our youth, not at all (those of us 50-70 year old age range).

I would care more about how good it tastes. Breast meat doesn't have a lot of flavor - especially from modern broiler chickens. The best flavor of actual chicken comes from heritage breeds and dark meat. There are a few places that serve chicken sandwiches made from dark meat. It's not necessarily a single, solid piece, but you'll get way more chicken flavor.

Dark meat.
You’re at Eater, so you probably already realize that dark meat is the superior chicken meat. That’s now a prerequisite connoisseur take, along with hating filet mignon as a cut of beef and pretending to like bone marrow. All of the major fast-food chains use white meat as the base of their fried chicken sandwich, almost certainly because it’s easier from a production standpoint and because Americans are exactly the type of nutritional hypocrites to request a lean cut of bird for a goddamn fried chicken-burger — with fries and a Coke on the side.​
As it stands now, the only place that uses dark meat is David Chang’s Fuku, which has a grand total of five locations nationwide (a sixth is coming soon, oh boy!) and includes all of the unpleasant, casual militancy of the Chang empire’s other restaurants. I shouldn’t have to rely on one of the designated food oligarchs to make this upgraded chicken sandwich a reality on a national scale. Dark meat is cheaper than white meat. It also happens to have, you know, flavor. We currently consume so much white meat that livestock conglomerates are genetically engineering chickens to have LARGER breasts, which is both appalling and — from a heartless, taste perspective — produces even drier breasts, as if such a thing is possible.​
I can pass on ground up beaks and feet even if they taste best

I prefer Popeyes to Chick-Fil-A... And I love the CFA sandwiches. But once Popeyes got into the game, theirs was superior for sure.

Have not tried the McDonalds one yet... At some point I will grab one, but I really don't think it will beat the other two. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.

Back