McDonald's New Chicken Sandwich

I need something clarified if possible. I notice folks in the US sometimes call what (to me) seems to be a burger, a 'sandwich', is it the case that a ‘burger’ has to be with a beef pattie? Because I would call that McDonalds offering a chicken burger?

A 'sandwich' here has two slices of regular bread either side of the filling.

A burger is technically something with a ground meat patty. Might also describe a meatless substitute.

just gave it a try. pretty much the same as the popeye’s sandwich (dry, bland) but with a worse quality bun straight out of the mcdouble parts bin. slathered it in some tabasco scorpion to give it some flavor

could be worse

Last edited:
Logan's Roadhouse (among many others) are long-time permanent featured members of my ban club

I banned Logan's for a while after the discontinuation of the Smoky Mountain Chicken Sandwich. I was really mad about that and the garbage sliced bread flavorless sandwich they replaced it with, but they have mostly fixed it with the current Peppercorn grilled chicken sandwich, and I am occasionally eating there again. I still think the Smoky Mountain Chicken Sandwich should have been a permanent, untouchable menu item. Applebee's has a sandwich similar in concept, but they usually don't grill the chicken right. When they do it right it's great.

Best chicken sandwich is Cheddar's in my opinion. I ate there probably 2-3x a week when I lived in Charlotte, NC and had one close.

Never had the CFA.. Popeyes chicken sandwich gave me one awful stomach ache... tasted alright going down definitely was nothing to write home about. All the fast food joints are processed and overly loaded with either seasonings or preservatives. McDonald's premium chicken sandwich is pretty decent... when I'm in the mood for a chicken sandwich I usually get Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich. Never been a let down even better with a slice of cheese.

Fast food means fast fat and well ,,Im a plant based eater,,I was a fast food junky and my heath was in the toilet so to speak,,,men usually are resistant to good healthy eating,,,I have learned early to not eat fast food ,,imho

Go have a blood work up done,,,its like an oil analysis ,,,get your doctor to go over each line on your blood work,,can be scary even if you feel great,,your blood dont lie- we have all heard stories where someone said he or she feels great and the next day falls over dead,,,there is always a reason not to get blood work done,,,you may be pre diabetic.....just saying, I was.

Last edited:
Jack in the Box just opened near me,,,my friends that tried said dont waste your money,,they did not listen to me...

It Probably won’t be good. I recently tried a Popeyes sandwich and I believe it was ”manufactured“ chicken, little to no flavor and served Luke warm. Chick Fil A has always been paramount and probably can’t be touched by the other major players. Ive heard CFA marinates the chicken breast in pickle juice brine. Yum

Ive also tried zaxbys, shake shake, wendys.. not worth it. IMHO
I tried Chickfila once. It is way too salty for my taste. I can tell they really brine the heck out of that chicken but it is just way too salty for my taste buds.

I need something clarified if possible. I notice folks in the US sometimes call what (to me) seems to be a burger, a 'sandwich', is it the case that a ‘burger’ has to be with a beef pattie? Because I would call that McDonalds offering a chicken burger?

A 'sandwich' here has two slices of regular bread either side of the filling.
In the US we categorize the meat in buns by the meat inside. So burger is the hamburger patty inside, everything else is called sandwich.

Edit: unless the other meats are grounded and mash into a patty, like chicken burger, turkey burger, vege burger, are ground up stuff bind together and grilled, then served on a bun. If you ground it too fine into a paste then it is not a burger either, just a fake meat sandwich like McChicken or Fillet O Fish.

I rather like McDonald's when they had the "Deluxe" chicken sandwiches back in the 90s. They had 2 versions - grilled and crispy with a batter. There might have been an earlier version. However, I distinctly remember being on a trip in 1993 and ordering one of their crispy chicken sandwiches.

e05dd24e49b9d1cf5792e314a17140f4.png
I remember my friend really wanted me to try Arch Deluxe back in HS senior year because he just learned how to make it (he worked there part time).

Just tried one for lunch about 10 minutes ago. McDs is jumping right now (drive-thru was jammed) so it wasn't sitting around under a heat lamp. Big letdown. Nowhere near CFA. Didn't appear burnt, but tasted burnt. They missed the mark with the seasoning. Dry compared to CFA too. No more of that, thanks.

Fast food means fast fat and well ,,Im a plant based eater,,I was a fast food junky and my heath was in the toilet so to speak,,,men usually are resistant to good healthy eating,,,I have learned early to not eat fast food ,,imho
Don't worry, in 20 years all the cheap fast food baseline dollar menu (by that time dollar menu would means less than $10) sandwiches would be some sort of vegan imitation meat. If you want real meat you will have to pay 2x-3x for the real meat version ($20).

After the patents on today's impossible meat expire.

Back