MC FL-820S, 10,700 miles CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: car51
You guys are welcome.

KCJEEP: think my FL-400S could do 10k?
wink.gif

10k is easy. The can will easily last that long, the question is will the media last that long... of that I have my doubts. I would however trust a FL910S for 10k.

The fl-910S with louvers; I don't know if I would trust for 10k

Why is that?

Last edited:
Only filter I'd feel comfortable with louvers and have used is a baldwin
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Only filter I'd feel comfortable with louvers and have used is a baldwin
wink.gif

Your "feelz" does not really answer the question.

FEEL

That's my thought and OPINION. I NEVER SAID "FEELZ" either

We all know Purolator doesn't make the best quality products as evident by the how many I cut and posted here

Have a nice day
wink.gif

You know what; if it pleases everyone here I'll run the line MC FL-910S along with some 2015 PP 5w30 for 10k. I'll post the cut open filter as well

Originally Posted By: tig1

Why is that?

Also TIG1, that filter you cut open was from 2016 it appears so it doesn't appear to have louvers. Sorry if it hurts your feelings that I've been watching filters with louvers and ones where louvers aren't open much.

Why is that?

Also TIG1, that filter you cut open was from 2016 it appears so it doesn't appear to have louvers. Sorry if it hurts your feelings that I've been watching filters with louvers and ones where louvers aren't open much.

It did have louvers, and plenty of them for an even oil flow through the filter. Better than some of the filters we see here that have sparsely placed holes in the center tube. The MC FL 2017 cartridge filter for my Fusion has the E-Core which I really like.

Hurts my feelings? LOL! Why would anything that's said here hurt my feeling?

Last edited:

Why is that?

It did have louvers, and plenty of them for an even oil flow through the filter. Better than some of the filters we see here that have sparsely placed holes in the center tube. The MC FL 2017 cartridge filter for my Fusion has the E-Core which I really like.

Hurts my feelings? LOL! Why would anything that's said here hurt my feeling?

TIG1: I apologize, as the one FL-400S I have is early 2016 made and it still has holes. I didn't realize or know FL-910S went to louvers before other MC filters. I'll give the 910S I grabbed a shot with the PP 5w30 for 10k and cut and post
It. Thank you
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back