Maytag washer issue

Mother in law decided to was sheets in our 4 year old top loader with agitator. She said it got off balance. During mid cycle is stopped. Now it’s locked and I can’t open the lid. We did have a storm roll through here during that time so I don’t know if that caused the issue. It will not turn on now. Unplugged it for a while and no luck. The outlet works. Verified it with a lamp. Any suggestions? Thanks.

If you have unplugged the washer for more than a minute and tried plugging it back in without success, the next step is to leave it plugged back in the outlet for at least 30 minutes. The circuit control board "should" reset itself after 20 to 30 minutes and allow the unit to reboot at that time.

If possible, can you identify the model number or post a photo of the Maytag washer?

I had a front loader lock up after a power issue. Plugged in it eventually unlocked. It took a while.

If you have unplugged the washer for more than a minute and tried plugging it back in without success, the next step is to leave it plugged back in the outlet for at least 30 minutes. The circuit control board "should" reset itself after 20 to 30 minutes and allow the unit to reboot at that time.

If possible, can you identify the model number or post a photo of the Maytag washer?
IMG_3867.jpeg
IMG_3868.jpeg

I believe it’s the circuit board. Went to Lowe’s and it’s being delivered tomorrow.

If you need to access the laundry today, this video shows you how to disassemble the top of the washer in order to detach the lock from a current generation Maytag top loader.

Sometimes you can unlock one with a magnet - I haven't tried it on a really modern machine. A fairly strong magnet - the lock is usually metal and can operate like the childproof unlock with a magnet cabinet locks. Mine had a glitch in the matrix not long ago and wouldn't unlock, it did fine after I unplugged it overnight. I had an old one many many years ago that the lock was broken on and if it slid over, I used the magnet trick.

Back