Maxlife ATF - can't find in Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
AutoZone - "SAVE20" for 20% off and free shipping (no minimum) currently.
$16 / gallon. I might have to grab a couple, since WalMart is a no go now.

Originally Posted By: surfstar
AutoZone - "SAVE20" for 20% off and free shipping (no minimum) currently.
$16 / gallon. I might have to grab a couple, since WalMart is a no go now.

Thanks this amazingly worked

Makes zero sense though. I would have much preferred to get for store pickup and get 20 pct off yet they only allow for shipping to home AND THEY GIVE FREE SHIPPING? so they are wasting 5 or 6 bucks to ship me a 16 dollar gallon of fluid when I was happy to spend my own time and gas to go pick it up. Dumb business on their part. But whatever

Originally Posted By: JMJNet
IIRC, you can order it online Ship to store?

The coupon I used would not work unless I shipped to home. *shrug*
I ordered 2gal for $32 plus tax, minus 8% cashback and a signup bonus for using befrugal (usually use ebates)
befrugal If anyone wants to try it - we both get referral bonus

So why not just use your local store's address as the "home" address when you order it, then BAM! You win both ways!

grin.gif

Originally Posted By: The_Nuke

So why not just use your local store's address as the "home" address when you order it, then BAM! You win both ways!

grin.gif

This isn't the point! Maybe you are just joking

The point of buying it for store pickup is to go get it NOW and use it. If I am shipping to home, I need to wait several days. If I am shipping to store, I also need to wait several days AND then have to spend time going to the store to pick it up. That seems the WORST of all worlds...

It was taken off the shelves in a bunch of stores. Now aap and az are only selling the high mileage version (I checked online for these stores). Reason being the regular maxlife full synthetic atf didn't meet the advertised mercon requirements.

FYI: North NJ I cannot find it in Walmart so used Autozone today to stock up for coming D&F's.
SAVE20 = 20pct off
Shoprunner free 2 day ship (AmEx users have this as a benefit)
5 gallons $85.45 shipped 2nd day w/tax

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gallydif
................. Reason being the regular maxlife full synthetic atf didn't meet the advertised mercon requirements.

Any links to information on this? I know it is is not a licensed Mercon product, just want to know where the information is coming from that it it not up to snuff for Mercon requirement?

It was taken off the shelves in a bunch of stores. Now aap and az are only selling the high mileage version (I checked online for these stores). Reason being the regular maxlife full synthetic atf didn't meet the advertised mercon requirements.

Let's not start rumors that we cannot support.

http://pqiamerica.com/ATF_Sample_Summary_Dec_2016.html and go to Valvoline MaxLife.

There you will see the complete history of the PQIA results, PQIA comments, and answers by Valvoline where were accepted by PQIA.

Last edited:

Even though the Autozone website called it "High Mileage" for the Gallon version, they showed the picture of the "regular" Multi-Vehicle ATF and that is indeed what I received in the mail today.

CRAY CRAY as I said above, for my $16 purchase they showed $9.76 for shipping (and then credited me same). So just because they are inflexible to not allow someone to use the in-store pickup for 20% off, they instead LOSE 10 bucks of the 16 bucks total sale price to ship it to me. Reminds me when they were selling the $1 clearance oils on the website by mistake AND allowing the "free shipping NO MINIMUM" coupons. People were ordering cases of oil for 12 bucks each with free shipping. AZ ultimately cancelled those orders but then gave me a $25 gift card instead for their stupidity

I see no separate listing for a "high mileage" Maxlife ATF on Valvoline's website.
They only have one spec sheet and one set of stock codes, which correspond to Maxlife ATF, whether sold at WalMart, Amazon, AZ, etc. I think they just released a different label at a different time or for different stores.

I'd like to see a separate current spec sheet for two products, to be proven wrong.
http://www.valvoline.com/our-products/automatic-transmission-products

Originally Posted By: Garak
I think the assertion here is that MaxLife was always a high mileage branded product across all streams, in contrast to the blue bottle stuff, in the ATF line, for instance.

That is my understanding as well. Them dropping any labeling of "High Mileage" for the MaxLife ATF seems to be more marketing so people are not inhibited from using it on non-high mileage vehicles and use as Multi-vehicle ATF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back