Maxlife ATF $15.98/gallon

I wasn't aware of this product--only the Maxlife. However, in looking at the rear label, surprisingly, this Import Multi-Vehicle doesn't list Hyundai SP-IV (only SP-II and SP-III). Maxlife does list SP-IV.

This is a little higher viscosity last time I checked. So shoudl be similar additive package as Maxlife ATF, just a little higher viscosity.
That is why its not listed as meeting some of the newer fluid types as they are LV fluids.

I ordered two at the $15.98 price, and late last night received an email from amazon that it was a pricing error. As a result they were allowing me to retain one of them but cancelling the second one, ugh. Anyone else get that?
Yes,I also ordered another cheap item to get free shipping.

This is a little higher viscosity last time I checked. So shoudl be similar additive package as Maxlife ATF, just a little higher viscosity.
That is why its not listed as meeting some of the newer fluid types as they are LV fluids.
KV100 5.9 vs 6.9. Ordered 2 gallons.

I had a 3camel price alert set. Ordered 10 then posted, yes, I got the same Amazon message that would only honor 1. I am still happy.
I was charged 6 gallons (ordered 6 gallons) last night and scheduled to be delivered this Wednesday, there is hope.

Thank you, I will start using this instead of Maxlife due to cost.

My current vehicles are spec'd for Toyota Type IV, and these transmissions are not picky at all on which transmission fluid is used.
Do you or anyone else know if this can be used in a Toyota Tacoma that calls for WS? I see Maxlife is spec'd for it but not familiar with Toyota's l. My kid bought a 2013 Tacoma and we were going to do a couple fluid changes but not sure which fluid is acceptable/works well. I have used Maxlife in many vehicles but this is the first Toyota.

Do you or anyone else know if this can be used in a Toyota Tacoma that calls for WS? I see Maxlife is spec'd for it but not familiar with Toyota's l. My kid bought a 2013 Tacoma and we were going to do a couple fluid changes but not sure which fluid is acceptable/works well. I have used Maxlife in many vehicles but this is the first Toyota.
I blew up the pic on Amazon for this same reason earlier today. The Import stuff does not list WS on the rear label.

I'm putting MaxLife in a '15 Tundra today. There are numerous threads on BITOG saying it's fine (plus it is listed as WS compatible per Valvoline) with the requisite number of purists saying OEM-or-die (shrug)

There are also reports of better shifting with MaxLife, but I have to wonder if that isn't placebo so I take those with a grain of salt.

Reactions: wlk
Also yesterday Amz was at $25.92 per jug of ML, exact same as my local WM. Today looks like Amz is up to ~$31, but the bot could change its mind at any second.

I ordered online and picked up two jugs at my local WM yesterday at $25.92. It's a decent price compared to most everywhere else and I couldn't wait for shipping.

I blew up the pic on Amazon for this same reason earlier today. The Import stuff does not list WS on the rear label.

I'm putting MaxLife in a '15 Tundra today. There are numerous threads on BITOG saying it's fine (plus it is listed as WS compatible per Valvoline) with the requisite number of purists saying OEM-or-die (shrug)

There are also reports of better shifting with MaxLife, but I have to wonder if that isn't placebo so I take those with a grain of salt.
Great. Thank you. I do believe Maxlife has helped my old Chevy's shift a lot better, esp w a dash of Lubegard Red. Just never had a Toyota in the family before.
I am only a OEM fluid purist for my Honda but others I am not picky if they will run Maxlife without issue.

Back