Max life syth

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does maxlife syth compare to M1. I have ran M1 form the start in this car. Am i better stying with M1 or could i go to maxlife syth. I heard that maxlife syth burns oil after so many miles.

Nothing wrong with MaxLife Syn. I have used it and never had a consumption issue. My engine is quieter with it than M1, but I have had good UOAs with both.
Any oil will burn off with enough time and miles on it.

Love the Maxlife; great oil.

I think any initial change to a new oil can cause *some* burn off for the first oci or two.

Ran the Maxlife this past winter, just recently switched to Rotella synthetic for the summer - but will probably go back to the Maxlife for next winter.

Maxlife Synthetic is probably the best priced of the synthetics and this month is $3.39 a quart at Advance Auto--Stock Up!

Quote:

Maxlife Synthetic is probably the best priced of the synthetics and this month is $3.39 a quart at Advance Auto--Stock Up!

Have you bought any at that price? I wonder if if it is for real? The picture shows synthetic on the website, but the description doesn't mention synthetic. I wonder if it really is for MaxLife conventional oil?

When I get the Maxlife Syn, I get it in the 5 qt jug for 19.98 or less. (3.99) qt. I will have to look at the AAP ad to see for sure.

Go to their website and look at the flyer. It's on the last page IIRC. Was synth for $3.39. No I didn't buy any, though I am tempted. I already have about 20 quarts Maxlife Synthetic and 95 quarts regular Maxlife. In fact, I am not sure I even need the synthetic since the regular is so good, but I got the 20 quarts for $2 each on clearance at AutoZone a couple years ago.

Advance Auto, Livoina MI, ML SYNTHETIC SM/CF @ $3.25 closeout. Took the last nine 5w30 quarts they had. They still have some 10w30 and 10w40.
Dino ML @ $3.78.

Dang, I wonder if they have any left at the Advance Auto here in Grand Rapids. I think my mom's malibu would take well to that, especially since it's always used dino valvoline and that's what she's always preferred, she seemed interested in switching to a synthetic though.

Although I'm grateful for regular Maxlife, I'd love to try Maxlife full syn.

You guys are extremely lucky to have it in your location.

Quote:

Advance Auto, Livoina MI, ML SYNTHETIC SM/CF @ $3.25 closeout. Took the last nine 5w30 quarts they had. They still have some 10w30 and 10w40.
Dino ML @ $3.78.

Yep,was just there last night. Flyer at the door said $3.39, but shelf was $3.25. I wasn't going to buy any, but it was a different label that either the SL or SM I already have and not the new label, so I bought one for a souvenier. There are three quarts of 10w30 left and now I am kicking my self for not grabbing them all.

Current oil stash: 196 quarts!
crazy.gif

I'm at 86 quarts for five vehicles in my household. Unless someone like Ashland starts another free/giveaway after rebates of their Valvoline oils, that 86-number is not going to rise any further.

FYI: I've been stocking up on Maxlife Syn-blend at Walmart,$11.97 for a 5qt jug. Grab up a few Supertech Oil filters and you have some very low cost oil changes. I have one of those rear wheel drive Grand Marquis that are known to be high mileage runners (Crown Vics), I have 179,000 on my 14yr old car and have been very happy with Valvoline Maxlife products. I also use their ATF in the auto.

Ah, BITOGer in Michigan. Sorry,
offtopic.gif
, I may have to do daily commuting from Lansing to Ann Anbor starting this summber. How bad it would be? I know according to the map, it's 1 hour drive. But anybody has real-life figure? Also how about winter and snow, those sorts of things? Thank you very much!

I am thinking about getting an impala with good snow tires in winter. It's big, safe and good mpg wise. What do you guys think? Get an AWD?

Quote:

Dang, I wonder if they have any left at the Advance Auto here in Grand Rapids. I think my mom's malibu would take well to that, especially since it's always used dino valvoline and that's what she's always preferred, she seemed interested in switching to a synthetic though.

Quote:

Quote:

Current oil stash: 196 quarts!
crazy.gif

You should go out and buy 4 quarts of oil today to put you at the magic 200 number!
banana.gif

As of today I have 199 quarts! Am looking for the new label Synthetic Maxlife so I will have four different Maxlife Synthetic labels in my collection.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back