Matco Tools

Curious if there are any "must have" items from the Matco Tool line.

I recognize that Matco sources a lot of their items from other vendors, but still, I'm sure they have some exclusive items that are better than the competition - so let's share.

Their locking flex head ratchets are industry leading, I've never found them to be enough of a necessity to purchase a set as I don't have a Matco rep.
Their Tool Boxes & Roll Carts are on par with Snap-on at a cheaper price. One of the few products they make in house.
As Chris points out.....Their Pinless Impact Wobbles are nice, I'm so invested in Snap-on wobbles that it wouldn't be feasible to switch.....

I have a ton of MATCO because when I was buying tools the MATCO guy was cool and the SnapOn guy was annoying. If our current SnapOn guy was on the route I would have all SnapOn. My parts manager laughs every week when the SnapOn guy comes into parts to leave me propaganda. They like me because I am never in a hurry for anything random I need and pay it off all at once.

Their locking flex head ratchets are industry leading, I've never found them to be enough of a necessity to purchase a set as I don't have a Matco rep.
Their Tool Boxes & Roll Carts are on par with Snap-on at a cheaper price. One of the few products they make in house.
As Chris points out.....Their Pinless Impact Wobbles are nice, I'm so invested in Snap-on wobbles that it wouldn't be feasible to switch.....
I noticed that Matco flex head don't have quick release. That would be a deal breaker for me.

I noticed that Matco flex head don't have quick release. That would be a deal breaker for me.
none of my snap on dual 80 flex heads had them either

i think a couple of the newer ones do so that would be the way to go

Yes, got to have quick release. It may reduce the strength of the square drive, but it also reduces frustration for removing smaller sockets.

I personally don’t care for it either I’ve lost many sockets that way. The only time they are hard to take off is when the ratchet is new usually.

Reactions: NJC
Around here the boxes have less resale than a snap on. The pricing is similar from the new purchase angle but they also don’t make a super big box. The carts are not great due to having to key lock the drawers if you want to move it since they will pop open over the slightest transition

I’ve had both. The snap on gets my money no matter who the dealer would be

Back