Matco Torx Bits

I think we can agree that many of Matco's tools are rebranded items, but some of the items are made exclusively for them.

Does anyone else make a 1/4" drive set of T10-T40? I'd hate to give money to a middleman, but I cannot find anyone else who makes a full set in 1/4"; most brands have the T40 in 3/8".

1674495209342.jpg

Also - how's the quality of Matco's torx bits? I know the Snap-On bits are pretty good (and stupid expensive). Curious if Matco's stuff is still an upgrade over VIM/Tekton.

Not 100%, but VIM had those on sale a year or so ago, and the products received were Matco.
Couldn't find it on VIM's site, but I found these:

1674497583385.jpg

I've heard of Wiha for screwdriver bits, but not for other items. I wonder if they are the OEM for that Matco set.

I ended up buying the Wiha ones that I posted about. For $49, it is cheaper than buying the bits and socket separately.
Which ones?

T40 is a pretty big fastener for 1/4” drive. And I love wrenching with 1/4” over bigger ratchets. But I don’t think I’d care for T40…

It's been my experience that matco tools are not very good. I had almost matco tools exclusively at one point.

I ended up taking most home as well as my garbage made in USA Cornwell impact sockets home as neither were lasting in a shop environment.

Replaced with S-O and am.much happier with the quality.

Pretty good value for long torx bit sockets, you did well. I may look into one of those sets, but honestly have not needed the extended length torx before.

Pretty good value for long torx bit sockets, you did well. I may look into one of those sets, but honestly have not needed the extended length torx before.
There are a few situations on EA888 engines where a long T30 be nice.

The few Matco bits I do have are pretty good. I bought a short T40 Security Torx for the new Tundra TRD skid plates it holds up to Impact use so that’s pretty good. The rest of mine are Capri which are amazing as well but didn’t see what you were looking for there either.

Back