Tool organization

20201024_204029.jpg

I decided to install a tool grid in my metric wrench drawer. Matco and Cornwell both sell grids sized to their toolbox drawers. I have a snapon toolbox so I got a grid from Cornwell that was close and cut it to fit. Lay out the holders how you want on the board and then screw them down. They also have clips for sockets and other tools. This is by far the best organizer I have ever had. It might be cost prohibitive for a DIY but its money well spent for a pro. Honestly dont know what I paid, went on my revolving account

Looks nice. The only drawer I have organized is my metric wrenches. I don't know why. All the others are toss and close. I do wipe them off. What size is the cut off stub boxed endwrench in the top right?

Great. That’s one thing I can’t stand is a messy toolbox so organization is important to me. I have all my drawers organized. My standard and metric wrenches are in the same drawer though. Same with standard and metric sockets.

Looks nice. The only drawer I have organized is my metric wrenches. I don't know why. All the others are toss and close. I do wipe them off. What size is the cut off stub boxed endwrench in the top right?
thats an 18. the open end is there somewhere. Dont remember what I cut that for but it was to access something

How do you guys manage screwdrivers in your chest? I have some holders but still , they end up everywhere.
I have some in my cart that get used most but in my box they are all packed in cause I have so many LOL. I don’t have to worry about them moving around

Attachments

• 7DFAEC13-C920-4E9A-BF28-F23E4B1C4B88.jpeg
    7DFAEC13-C920-4E9A-BF28-F23E4B1C4B88.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 57
I never have cared for screwdriver holders. In my opinion they take up too much space and like you mentioned are too hard to grab out of. My friend built a screwdriver rack for the hutch on his box to hang his most used screwdrivers in and keeps the rest in his drawer of his box so he never opens the other drawer hardly.

All of my stuff is shadowed with foam.

The clips and racks are just more clutter even if they do keep the tools in the same place.

It's expensive, but a sheet here and there isn't a huge deal. A layout marker and hot knife make it quick and easy to make cuts.

Whenever I've been involved with purchasing, laser etched and shadowed tools are always a condition. Snap-On does a great job:

fbf5bd98-0fce-435e-8e1e-874ac0d6ccb0.jpg

Last edited:
rooflessVW, i like that. where did you get it? Is it like this?

I buy kaizen foam from FastCap for my personal tools. It is a bit softer and DIY friendly. Available in up to 2" thick.

The image I posted is the top drawer of a complete custom tool set ordered through Snap-On to support multiple maintainers working a single PC-12.

The 5S foam you linked is similar to what Snap-On uses and is higher density than the FastCap.

@The Critic Here is the tool grid in my metric wrench drawer, Its one thin drawer in a SNapon KRL761, Have 6-18 gearwrenches plus a second set 10-18, 7-22 Snapon wrenches plus a Husky/Craftsman set 7-18, 10-15 stubby wrenches, 10-19 angle head, 10-15 Snapon flare nut wrenches, 10-21 Husky flare nut wrenches and 2 sets 10-19 on 60 degree offset box wrenches. Also around the edges are odds and ends of duplicates or wrenches made for a special purpose. Have been meaning to get around to the sockets for 2.5 years, i'll get there eventually

Back