Malibu. Worth the money?

Brother passed away. 2021 Malibu LT 1.5 Turbo. Leather Package, Driver l & ll confidence Package, Tilt Power Sunroof, Midnight edition. Has all options except Navigation and 2.0 Turbo. 29k miles. Is it worth $23k? Excellent condition.

Sorry for your loss. For 23K I'd personally look for something with a better reliability record, but that's just me and you or others may have other priorities.

not my way to spend 23k, but someone loyal to GM would probably have differing views....however in this crazy current world you'd probably get that amount...

Sorry to hear about your brother.

But yes, that is a very well equipped Malibu. Most LT’s don’t have leather seats or a leather wrapped steering wheel/gear shift. That’s a good price.

You want to buy it from the estate or sell it for the estate?
Sell it for the estate. KBB shows $27k to $29k private sale and $24k to $26k trade in. We are thinking sell to dealer. Short time frame

I am sorry for your loss.

I have sold at least half a dozen cars from estates and in almost every case a sale to a dealer was the way to go. I'd call 3 or 4 places and take the highest offer.

Unless money is super-tight and you have the time and patience. Then you might hold out for a private sale.

Carmax has been giving some pretty crazy high offers lately. Thats where I'd take it in this situation. They used to come in on the low end in the past. I sold two vehicles to them last year and it was quick and painless. I checked a couple of other dealerships first and Carmax was higher by a lot. They gave me $7k more for my F-150 than the Ford dealer was offering me and they were higher on the Subaru also.

The 1.5T is more than enough power in the Malibu.
I drove a 2018 Malibu rental car and it was unbelievably slow.

I had a 2015 Sonata at the time that wiped the floor with that Malibu. And it wasn't a quick car.

Sorry for your loss. My condolences.

The 2021 Malibu is a sharp car. I would say "yes".

I drove a 2018 Malibu rental car and it was unbelievably slow.

I had a 2015 Sonata at the time that wiped the floor with that Malibu. And it wasn't a quick car.
Agreed, 160 horse in a car that size by no stretch of the imagination is adequate.

Back