Magic Eraser - Removes Wax from Black Trim!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a picture of the factory black plastic bed rail protector on my tow vehicle. I accidentally got some wax on it and was kicking myself thinking (based on past experience) that it would never come off.

I taped off a section (on the right) and rubbed the left hand side of the white mark (now clean) with the magic eraser.

If you look closesly you can see that in addition to removing the wax, it actually rejuvenated or darkened the plastic a little as well.

I'll tape it off next time I'm using my PC 7424, but it's nice to know you can solve these problems with almost no elbow grease, and no greasy temporary liquid covering products that will wear off and reveal the white mess from waxing carelessly.

DSC05845.jpg

I have some silicon spray lube type stuff by winzer that is the cats meow for removing this stuff easy. It even says its good for removing wax deposits!

Graffitti from bathroom walls.
mad.gif
I tried them on my windshields and the build up just stayed in one place. Someday I want to get a Powerball. Any brand suggestions for glass rejuvenators?

i used it yesterday as the g/f had a couple laying around. Got it soaking wet, then wrung it out as best I could so it was just damp.

Seemed to work pretty good. It looked like I needed to go back over the area with a damp cloth or sponge but I did not do it as we had to go somewhere but it appears to have taken off the dried wax off the trim

Originally Posted By: 02zx9r
does it take away the wax or clear coat or both?

As was mentioned earlier, you shouldn't use it on your paint. Think of it as a pencil eraser. You wouldn't use that on paint, would you? The flat black plastic pieces you don't want wax on don't have clear coat on them.

It will mar the paint badly (and remove the wax, obviously). In my marketing class this last semester, Mr. Clean commercial car washes got brought up, long story short, a girl said she'd go to them because she uses the magic erasers to wash her car all the time. I let out a rather loud "oh my god" with a head shake in the quiet classroom, lol.

Keep 'em where they belong; off the paint. :)

hmmm, appreciate the response, i hit the paint a couple of places when I was hitting up the trim. I will have to look at the places I hit on the paint and take care of them.

Thanks again

They work great on cleaning white tennis shoes also.

I keep a couple around, and I have a few pairs of shoes that look nearly new after 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back