Remove NU Finish from black trim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to rename "grampi" "grumpy" ..lol

In the last 2 days I NuFinished my two new vehicles.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Al

wink.gif

It only took a total of 5 hours to fully detail 2 vehicles here (wash, clay-bar, polish, glaze, synthetic sealant, UV spray coat) - which will out-perform & out-protect the orange bottle stuff...and all without any issue at all on any of the products regarding the black trim...in fact...2 of them added solid protection there as well.

Originally Posted by Al
HYUNDAIFAN0001 said:
- which will out-perform & out-protect the orange bottle stuff.

According to whom??
What brand? And you went over each area like 4 times? 4 coatings of NUFinish ought to outlast it especially if I put a coat on every 2 months at 45 minutes/coat.

Originally Posted by HYUNDAIFAN0001
Originally Posted by Al

wink.gif

It only took a total of 5 hours to fully detail 2 vehicles here (wash, clay-bar, polish, glaze, synthetic sealant, UV spray coat) - which will out-perform & out-protect the orange bottle stuff...and all without any issue at all on any of the products regarding the black trim...in fact...2 of them added solid protection there as well.

Even if I agree you are correct (I don't know if you are or not) I have never had issues with the "Orange Bottle" protecting the paint, allowing fade, water spots or anything else for that manner.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Al
Originally Posted by Al
HYUNDAIFAN0001 said:
- which will out-perform & out-protect the orange bottle stuff.

According to whom??
What brand? And you went over each area like 4 times? 4 coatings of NUFinish ought to outlast it especially if I put a coat on every 2 months at 45 minutes/coat.

Al, you will be better off just ignoring the rants. This question has been asked multiple times now. Pictures were posted of water beading action using NF long after it was applied, but the self proclaimed experts said water beading is not proof of protection.

But when they claim protection, no one knows by what criteria and they won't tell you beyond that they did a lot of "research".

Originally Posted by KrisZ
[Pictures were posted of water beading action using NF long after it was applied, but the self proclaimed experts said water beading is not proof of protection.

But when they claim protection, no one knows by what criteria and they won't tell you beyond that they did a lot of "research".

Water beading/runoff is one form of "proof" of surface sealant effect at that moment in time (only). Shine is only one in a series of subjective criteria. The actual real protection (including UV) and durability (months later) comes with field data. There's chemistry and surface analysis involved. That data exists if people want to take the time to research/find it.

The other stuff is fluff and eyeball opinion - however most any set of eyeballs can see and know that white residue left from using the orange bottle stuff - plenty of online testimony of that issue.

Here's a long term test that was done with some popular waxes,sealants and ceramic coatings showing how they held up after about 7.5 months of being directly exposed to the elements in the Texas sun. It has been washed once a month with an Australian Sheep's wool mitt and CR Spotless Deionized water, rinsed with either hose pressure or a pressure washer. NuFinish was used in the test.

So-whom ever said above NuFinish only lasts "three months" was "confused".

Basically- it shows what we already know-from a price/performance NuFinish is competitive.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by grampi
Originally Posted by CKN
Some guys are on a "mission" against NuFinsh. I suspect they must have splashed some on some black trim-couldn't remove it and have been angry ever since..

Or...despite the hokey Kool-Aid drinkers who are hook-line--and sinker in lust with the orange bottle goop...

After doing some online homework...they knew ahead of time that NuFinish was a horrendous product even before thinking about buying it and therefore avoided the black trim debacle entirely.

There was a guy on the Corvette forum who swore up and down that Turtle Wax (regular ol' green can hard shell paste) lasted just as long or longer than any of the "boutique" brands (as he called them). He was basically laughed off of the site. Some people's minds just can't be changed once they get locked into something...kinda like the old dudes who still swear that Marvel Mystery Oil is some kind of multi-purpose miracle oil...

Just like how you got laughed off autogeek in this thread?

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101-a/100895-anybody-use-nufinish.html

Originally Posted by CKN
Now this thread has come full circle and is useless........

Especially the part where people continue to defend/promote the orange bottle product that is known for years to be the "poster-child for white residue" on black trim, the result of which spawned yet another (this) thread seeking legitimate help in the first place.

Originally Posted by PlzRepond
Originally Posted by grampi
Originally Posted by CKN
Some guys are on a "mission" against NuFinsh. I suspect they must have splashed some on some black trim-couldn't remove it and have been angry ever since..

Or...despite the hokey Kool-Aid drinkers who are hook-line--and sinker in lust with the orange bottle goop...

After doing some online homework...they knew ahead of time that NuFinish was a horrendous product even before thinking about buying it and therefore avoided the black trim debacle entirely.

There was a guy on the Corvette forum who swore up and down that Turtle Wax (regular ol' green can hard shell paste) lasted just as long or longer than any of the "boutique" brands (as he called them). He was basically laughed off of the site. Some people's minds just can't be changed once they get locked into something...kinda like the old dudes who still swear that Marvel Mystery Oil is some kind of multi-purpose miracle oil...

Just like how you got laughed off autogeek in this thread?

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101-a/100895-anybody-use-nufinish.html

How so?

Originally Posted by CKN
Now this thread has come full circle and is useless........

Especially the part where people continue to defend/promote the orange bottle product that is known for years to be the "poster-child for white residue" on black trim, the result of which spawned yet another (this) thread seeking legitimate help in the first place.

I've given up on the Kool Aid drinkers. If they want to use this garbage on their vehicles, let 'em...it's their vehicles...

Back to the original question in this severely corrupted thread ........mineral spirits and a toothbrush. It may require multiple applications scrubbing in a circular manner. Keep it off of the paint as much as possible and wear eye protection.

I bowed out of the NuFinish arguments. I stepped off here for almost a year and the 1st day I come back I see topics bashing NF by the same people who were ranting about it years ago. You guys need to get a life and move on. NuFinish is a great product with great durability(proven on many forums by many people) for most people. I have spent the last year testing new products that show great promise. I'll post some test results as soon as I get the time. Seriously guys, stop with the B.S. arguments because it ruins the forum....I was guilty of it too but I realized this and stopped. Be productive and stop slamming people and products that you dont like. Post your results, let others make their own decisions and move on.....

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Chris B.
I bowed out of the NuFinish arguments.

Thank you Chris for showing restraint and I've enjoyed your detailing pics over the years. Cheers to you my friend.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by Chris B.
I bowed out of the NuFinish arguments. I stepped off here for almost a year and the 1st day I come back I see topics bashing NF by the same people who were ranting about it years ago. You guys need to get a life and move on. NuFinish is a great product with great durability(proven on many forums by many people) for most people. I have spent the last year testing new products that show great promise. I'll post some test results as soon as I get the time. Seriously guys, stop with the B.S. arguments because it ruins the forum....I was guilty of it too but I realized this and stopped. Be productive and stop slamming people and products that you dont like. Post your results, let others make their own decisions and move on.....

[Linked Image]

Like SatinSilver...enjoy your shared information and pix!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back