Mr. Clean Magic Eraser = Best invention ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had some pesky white wax residue on the black plastic trim of my Jeep. Someone has mentioned to me to give Mr. Clean Magic Eraser a try and OMG does it ever work! I'm stunned at how easy it removed the residue.

Highly recommended!!!
thumbsup2.gif

All those melamine foam cleaners need to be used carefully, due to their abrasiveness. I've accidentally rubbed paint clear off furniture using them.

this is just my opinion. i would not use a magic eraser on any vehicle. theres way too much stuff available to remove wax residue that is safe for paint to use a magic eraser.

Originally Posted By: RageOfFury
I used it on the plastic trim, not the paint.
smirk.gif

I noticed that; I'm just saying, be careful.

Originally Posted By: glum
I used it on the plastic trim, not the paint.
smirk.gif

I noticed that; I'm just saying, be careful.

I did indeed!

I had some pesky white wax residue on the black plastic trim of my Jeep. Someone has mentioned to me to give Mr. Clean Magic Eraser a try and OMG does it ever work! I'm stunned at how easy it removed the residue.
Highly recommended!!!
thumbsup2.gif

with great caution also recommended.

One of my clients damaged the glaze on their ceramic tile with this 'wonderful' invention.

Try and think of it as very fine sandpaper.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Highly recommended!!!
thumbsup2.gif

with great caution also recommended.

One of my clients damaged the glaze on their ceramic tile with this 'wonderful' invention.

Try and think of it as very fine sandpaper.

I wonder if it would work on plastic Headlight that have yellowed?

Peanut oil does work but I also recommend using whatever protectant on the trim first then wax. The wax isnt able to adhear to the trim panels if they are protected. Then go through the panels once more cleaning and reapplying. Either that or use painters tape (my prefered method.)

Also, if you are splattering on trim pieces it typically means there is too much product being used or going too fast

I've used it to clean aluminum wheels.
Actually I bought it for my turntable. I cue the cartridge stylus into it a few times to keep the stylus clean - works well. Last, so I used the rest of the package for the wheels. I might try it in combination with the steamer on one of the motorcycles with aluminum wheels.

Was told about Magic Eraser to use on my vinyl snowmobile seat.

The lower areas on both sides of it would blacken due to my snowmobile suit I believe?

I used it gently and it cleaned it up great but now I am concerned about it's prolonged use especially after reading it is basically sandpaper!

Anyone know what would be better to clean dirt/grime etc from a vinyl seat or am I ok to continue using it as long as I go gently?

You don't want to use ME on any painted or coated surface as it's an abrasive, this includes alloy wheels. Most alloy wheels have some type of clearcoat protectant coating on them and ME will remove it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back