Made the Move to Super Tech!

Anymore who cares what NASCAR is pedaling I've turned them off here just like the NFL and NBA.

Same sad state of affairs in this house as well. I struggle as my kids are young and we are a huge sports family.

Same sad state of affairs in this house as well. I struggle as my kids are young and we are a huge sports family.

I was too...

I could and still can tell all the Super Bowl scores winners and teams off the top of my head.... From memory.... From the first SB with Green Bay winning 35-10 over KC...to the last one played. Have been able to do that since the mid 1980s.

I remember getting into a argument on the school bus in 9th grade about a team going to 3 straight SBs... I told them boys that it had indeed happened with the Miami Dolphins in the early 70s.... They lost the first one 24-3 against Dallas and win the next two 14-7 over Washington Redskins and 24-7 the last win over the Vikings... Well a couple of days went by and sure enough one of those boys looked it up and acknowledged I was right... They didn't argue much after that with me... They knew I knew my stuff.

I watch old NASCAR races on YouTube... And old football games too....

I try not to watch official races put up by NASCAR or football games by the NFL... every now and then I do. But I try not to on a average basis.

Many good races are on individual people channels... And many are satellite feed races where you hear the guys calling the race during commercial breaks... And that is very fun to listen to at times.... SMIFF has a great NASCAR race collection on YouTube.

There are rare satellite feed NFL games out the too... One I just found was the 1981 49ers vs Dallas regular season game... You get to hear Pat and John during the commercial breaks in that game. Pretty cool.

Older baseball games are out there too... The one put up by MLB have a crud ton of stupid ads...

Again there are individual people who have put up regular games... And those are quite fun to watch and listen to...

One of the best races to listen to and watch is the 1979 World 600....

A hall of fame class of drivers.... And announcers... Barney Hall, Eli Gold, Mike Joy, Jack Arute and Ned Jarrett was in the pits... That is amazing to listen to and watch.

Last edited:
Your engine will be fine on 5-6k intervals of any synthetic oil. You made a good move from a financial point of view. Go buy a case of beer with your savings and call it a win.
My engines have performed great for the last 42 years with M1 oils at 10K OCI. Cheaper than ST.

tig1, I'm still a big M1 fan. It was the oil that got me to 10k in my Subaru. Great stuff. This is my story and I'm sticking too it!! I had an 04 5.4 F150 before this that was supposed to be a dreaded engine. My plugs wen't well. I preemptively changed VCT solenoids and dropped Dorman fuel sender in the rear. Never had the issues that so many others had. Sold it to a boss of mine who still has it at a really high mileage and its running well. Mileage is a little over 200k now. ! owner before me ran PYB at 3k with new MC filter. I mostly ran 5k with Motorcraft 5-20 Syn blend and MC filter. Maintenance worked. Chains and VCT original to this day. So I may have moved up to 5-30 but I'm not going deep into the mileage. ST 5-30 at 5k should be aces.

I'm still a M1 EP 10k on the Subaru for now. I'm at 80k and will do a UOA after my 82k OCI hits 92k.

It's been my go-to oil for better than 15yrs now. I'm sure it's not the best motor oil out there, but it's a good value.

I don't have any longevity experience to share associated with ST given I haven't kept any of my vehicles beyond about 80K miles in the past 18yrs.

Super tech oil - Just DO IT! Seriously.... I thought Mobil 1 was God's Oil nectar and then I saw the light.....

It's like the difference between a Firestone FR710 and a Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, if all you are doing is driving to the grocery store, spending the money on the more capable product with better specs is typically a waste of money.

Back