Made Salsa Today

Had a very good crop of tomatoes many varieties this year. Decided to make salsa. Found a good recipe and tried it. Not too spicy but I might have blended the tomatoes a bit too much. Anybody make their own salsa? What do you use?

salsa.jpg

I've had fresh salsa a few times and it's always been too watery. Maybe I'll branch into salsa next year if my pickles turn out good.

I've had fresh salsa a few times and it's always been too watery. Maybe I'll branch into salsa next year if my pickles turn out good.
I would think the amount of "juice" in your tomatoes is the variable.

What's the difference between salsa and pico? Whenever I pick up salsa at the store, it's almost like soup. Tried some pico, and like it better. Solid pieces and almost eats like a salad.

When I make it at home I like it pico style. It's a pain and somewhat waste full, you pretty much only use the outside meaty/firm part of the tomato which is why you don't see a lot of juice in pico vs salsa. Cutting up tomatoes into those little chunks is work.

What's the difference between salsa and pico? Whenever I pick up salsa at the store, it's almost like soup. Tried some pico, and like it better. Solid pieces and almost eats like a salad.
Your observation describes the main difference between salsa and pico de gallo.

Back