Made my contest winning turkey Chili tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I participate in a yearly Chili cook-off and have won several times and almost always get in the top three out of 60-70 entries. Decided to make a nice pot tonight. Yummy. I use all canned beans and tomatoes for efficiency, but would like to make it from scratch with fresh dried beans and tomatoes one of these times. This recipe is halfway between mild and medium and works good for a chili cook off and for those that don't like a lot of spice. If you like spicy yourself, add more chili powder and cayenne powder. Also, chili always taste better the second day, so if you need it on Friday, make it on Thursday and then refrigerate over night so the flavors can soak in. Serve over white rice, spaghetti noodles, corn bread, or elbow noodles (your choice)

1 pound ground turkey
1 onion chopped course
1 bell pepper chopped course
1 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
1 16 ounce can kidney beans
1 16 ounce can chili beans
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 diced jalapeno
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
1 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
4 tablespoons brown sugar
-----------------------------
One hour before serving time, add the following:
8 ounces of sour creme
4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese

I'm not too far off of that for my current recipe. I just make a much larger batch at a time.

Couple guys at work said it was really good and one wanted the recipe.

Thanks; will try soon.

I serve chili over a bed of tortilla chips (any work, but Scoops are good for this) with a nice sprinkling of some shredded jack cheese on top.

Looks pretty good to me. I'll have mine over rice, please, w/jalapeno cornbread on the side.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back