M1 ESP 0W-30 vs 5W-30

forget eddy,..i will tell you why..because its all marketing..its not all about technical, specs and so on..i am tired of some experts here to translate everything into tech sheets ..
its the 5-30 trend fashion everywhere in the world and especially in EUROPE who is the leader now on making cheap quality oils..its the most versatile oil and thats why you can find it everywhere and thats why is so popular..
Please stop posting irrelevant nonsense. If you believe that the difference between the ESP product and a run-of-the mill ILSAC 5W-30 is “all marketing” (or is cheap quality) then you’ve illustrated you know nothing.

forget eddy,..i will tell you why..because its all marketing..its not all about technical, specs and so on..i am tired of some experts here to translate everything into tech sheets ..
its the 5-30 trend fashion everywhere in the world and especially in EUROPE who is the leader now on making cheap quality oils..its the most versatile oil and thats why you can find it everywhere and thats why is so popular..
Tell us more, bcs. you are expert we were waiting for.
So, what oil should we use and why?

Tell us more, bcs. you are expert we were waiting for.
So, what oil should we use and why?
I highly doubt he knows what ILSAC is. Don’t go that far.
i highly doubt you forgot what the question was..just for doing the same thing again and again ..sad for you..ok to remind you that was the question..
It seems (and I emphasize seems) that when xW-30 ESP is mentioned, it's usually the 5W-30 variant. It seems that most folks use/prefer/mention that version. Perhaps my observations are off. I'm curious if there really is a preference for the 5W-30, and if so, why that might be. Who's using the 30wts, which do you prefer, and why?

....Shel

i highly doubt you forgot what the question was..just for doing the same thing again and again ..sad for you..ok to remind you that was the question..
Mr. Expert, tell us. Please tell us why specs are irrelevant? Seems like you have a lot of knowledge ;)

Another ad hominem argument. That’s enough. Start reading your messages and start following forum rules.
and i never said i am an expert on oils, but i am on marketing and corporate policy, unlike you! and further more i had that meeting with the castrol area manager,who informed me about several policies and stuff that you the experts will never learn.

More personal commentary instead of discussion on oil.
Please stop posting irrelevant nonsense. If you believe that the difference between the ESP product and a run-of-the mill ILSAC 5W-30 is “all marketing” (or is cheap quality) then you’ve illustrated you know nothing.
ILSAC what ? haha, eddy will like that bet..got no idea what that is and dont care..but i am leaving on the 20's ,there is sthing called tha internet and google..so i dont care because its irrelevant to europe and its irrelevant to the question since there is another reason..imagine you go to the official service and the manual says you have to choose from 0-30 to 5-40.but the official norm is like my friend asked the 5-30 ,why?
because imagine every guy going there and want to put a diffrent oil visocsity and bust the b@lls of the service ,which would be then obligated to stock all these viscosities..so take one out and lets get rid of them..and which one is more versatile from north to the south of the earth? which is not too thin or too thick? and the winner is the 5-30...there you go!

ILSAC what ? haha, eddy will like that bet..got no idea what that is and dont care..but i am leaving on the 20's ,there is sthing called tha internet and google..so i dont care because its irrelevant to europe and its irrelevant to the question since there is another reason..imagine you go to the official service and the manual says you have to choose from 0-30 to 5-40.but the official norm is like my friend asked the 5-30 ,why?
because imagine every guy going there and want to put a diffrent oil visocsity and bust the b@lls of the service ,which would be then obligated to stock all these viscosities..so take one out and lets get rid of them..and which one is more versatile from north to the south of the earth? which is not too thin or too thick? and the winner is the 5-30...there you go!
Do you not know what ILSAC is? I can’t take your replies seriously

You are truly thrashing now.

Here's a tip though. It's not about the grade.

You are truly thrashing now.
the area castrol manager for easter europe told me this info..its his words..so you are saying that a manager of one of the most big oil companies is thrashing and you are the one who knows better!..

Here's a tip though. It's not about the grade.
glad we agree,thats what i said too..well from area managers lips actually

please don't ruin the topic of my friend with making it personal..he wants to hear different opinions.other members too.thats democracy. even if you don't agree just post related info, not personal attacks..i am waiting to stand up to your reputation, gentlemen..
🍿

I agree the WMart price is high ... AutoZone and O'Reilly have the 0W-30 substantially lower than WM. Nice to know about the Edge.
Not sure where you came up with your numbers.

Walmart ESP 0W-30: $8.64/qt; $59.99/6 qt case. Note it is cheaper to buy six singles than a case ($51.84 vs $59.99)
AutoZone: $8.99/qt.
O'Reilly: $12.99/qt.

Back