M1 AFE 0W16, 1657 mi, 2021 Toyota Sienna A25A-FXS Follow Up

Follow up to my first post.

This oil was drawn from the dipstick and was in service for 2 months. Based on the first report I made a conscious effort to take more highway trips using the ICE trying to bring it up to and sustain the engine at an ideal operating temperature. My driving style overall with this van is still gentle as it is our family vehicle. Oil change done 1657 mi ago was with a Toyota oil filter (part 90915-YZZN1). 7947 mi on the unit when this was drawn, no mechanical work done besides regular maintenance. Immediately before drawing this oil I drove 91 mi on mostly freeway with ambient temps around 63 deg Farenheit.

Edit: AGAT Labs uses GC to detect the Fuel %.

This particular jug of oil says it exceeds API SN PLUS, SN. Purchased last year.

Also VOA was posted here.

Ultimately I guess I will have to stick with shorter OCIs with this vehicle going forward. Maybe even use some 0w20 if an oil change happens to fall before winter. I would like to switch to TGMO once my supply of M1 AFE is exhausted based on TGMO's reported additives (moly).

AGAT Pearl Report May 31.jpg

Last edited:
I had some horrific fuel dilution early on in my Ford DI. After 2 OCI and now running 10W30 QSFS it appears to be doing OK - but the engine appears hurt from the period of fuel dilution - due to excessive noise it makes now - where it was superbly smooth and refined the first 700 miles.

You are reporting an inadequate viscosity to protect that engine.

Your viscosity is certainly up from last time but still with the fuel dilution.

I’d take the vehicle into the dealership and starting getting a record of this trend. Still might be too early to condemn it. But definitely a good idea to keep the OCIs short and maybe go up to 20. Or at least use a higher starting viscosity 16 like Castrol.

Back