M&P 1.0 Trigger Q?

I own (3) LE trade in M&P 1.0 40 FS guns, and a 2.0 Compact 40. My favorite LE 40 is my DPD 1.0. I installed an APEX trigger and spring kit in it. The trigger pull is just a touch over 4.75 lbs. (4.80 lbs.) down from 6.5 lbs. It doesn't have the same feel as a 2.0 trigger, but I do like it. l want to make one of my other LE 40's trigger feel like the 2.0's trigger. S&W sure got it right on that trigger. Does anyone know of a kit, or a way to get the 2.0 trigger feel from a 1.0 trigger?
Thank You.

which kit did you use in the 1.0? the duty ? the best feeling i have on my mp 1.0 triggers is to use the stock trigger spring instead of the one that came with the duty kit. i had to open the trigger bar loop a little to get it to function though .

so sear ,trigger, plunger and stock trigger return spring

which kit did you use in the 1.0? the duty ? the best feeling i have on my mp 1.0 triggers is to use the stock trigger spring instead of the one that came with the duty kit. i had to open the trigger bar loop a little to get it to function though .

so sear ,trigger, plunger and stock trigger return spring

Yes, the duty kit.
I too had to adjust my trigger bar loop. It was .006" and l had to open it up to .012".
It doesn't feel anything like the very crisp feel of a 2.0 trigger, but it works. I really like the 2.0's very crisp trigger pull. S&W sure got that trigger right!
But, l'm satisfied with this trigger. I want to get a 2.0 trigger feel from one of my other LE M&P 40's trigger.

I would look for another gun before going with the APEX $$$$$. Just too many great pistols out there. but that's just me. To each is own.
I will probably never buy one but the 2.0 is a great pistol...but over priced. IMHO

I would look for another gun before going with the APEX $$$$$. Just too many great pistols out there. but that's just me. To each is own.
I will probably never buy one but the 2.0 is a great pistol...but over priced. IMHO
You are not likely to find much of anything new in gun stores and if you do they will have increased considerably in price. I recently paid an high price for a Sig 365 XL with plate on top for mounting a Red Dot. I have a SCCY with red dot and it sure makes sighting easy so I thought I would give the Sig a try. FWIW, gun shops are so bare, I recently sold off 8 pistols on consignment. Without inflating prices, they went pretty fast.

Prior to the current insanity, S&W M&P 2.0 pistols were in the sub-$400 range. Given the quality of them, I cannot see how this is overpriced, honestly, even up to the sub-$500 range, it is still a great buy. Today, they are in the sub-$600 range and that makes it less of a bargain.

For the LE trade ins l paid $299, and $259 each for the other 2. My Compact, $379 NIB.
There is NO WAY l will pay today's prices for a gun!
I guess l can just watch the MCARBO video and polish everything like they did. It's a starting point.

You are not likely to find much of anything new in gun stores and if you do they will have increased considerably in price. I recently paid an high price for a Sig 365 XL with plate on top for mounting a Red Dot. I have a SCCY with red dot and it sure makes sighting easy so I thought I would give the Sig a try. FWIW, gun shops are so bare, I recently sold off 8 pistols on consignment. Without inflating prices, they went pretty fast.
Actually in the last 2 months I purchased a G44, Sig P354, and a TX-22. Really at normal prices. I could have baught a G3C, and a hellcat in that time. I purchased them in 2 local gun shops. Of course I made maybe a dozen visits total but not out of control.

You should enjoy your sig.

On my 45c I only bought the apex sear to install but polished the trigger bar at contact points, and polished the stock plunger with a dremel carefully. Made a difference taking the grit feel out on the 1.0

Did you install the kit with the striker block? The geometry of that part also makes a big difference.
The reset assist mechanism is a nice upgrade if the trigger reset point is part of your “feel”.

UPDATE!
I have been lurking on a few S&W forums and have learned something great. A member bought a 2.0 sear housing and trigger bar with trigger and installed them in his 1.0 FS M&P 40. Now his 1.0 has a 2.0 trigger! He didn't have to modify or alter anything. The sear housing dropped right in.
There are several places to buy the parts for less than $50.
I now know how to get my 2.0 trigger in my 1.0. And, l will be stimulating the economy with part of my stimulus check for the parts. ;)

I have a question about the eye drops.
I have 3 bottles of eye drops to use before and after the surgery. For the second eye surgery l'm supposed to buy the same 3 eye drops. Those of you that had both eyes done, were you able to have enough eye drops left from the 1st surgery to use for the 2nd surgery?

I bought a full size gen 1.0 back in 2011. I never had any complaints with the stock trigger - not sure if they updated things along the way.

Back