Lucas Oil

I simply, and clearly, explained the reason many people on this board, myself included, dislike the company because you stated:

Which didn't, in any way, represent that reasoning.

Clearly my reasons aren't your reasons, if they were, you wouldn't be running their products. You have no problem doing business with Lucas, and that's fine, I simply explained that it isn't some hive mind conspiracy or the fact the company isn't a sponsor of this board, it's their shady business practices that turn most of us off, that's the reason, it's that simple.
Not real familiar with Lucas. Does this discussion cover the itty bitty 5 ounce bottles of fuel additive?

Lucas Deep Clean fuel system cleaner has the same PEA concentration listed as Gumout Regane All-In-One. It’s the same. As for Lucas power steering stop leak I used that and stoped a leaky steering gear under my Kubota tractor in one weekend, that had been dripping for ten years. That was eight ounces of the Lucas added when I changed the fluid. It’s not a matter of thinking it works, or a matter of opinion, the leak stopped and did not come back. People have all sorts of reasons they do choose business with a company or not do business. Your reasons are not my reasons. That’s up to you it’s your money. I have had good experiences with a number of Lucas products.
My 78 t bird has an entire reservoir of Lucas power steering stop leak in it. It stopped the leak. It was leaking bad

Purely from a business perspective, Lucas will most likely not stop selling their Lucas Oil Stabilizer. It's a cash cow. They don't sell it because they think it's actually a worthwhile product. They know better. However, they also know that 99% of people couldn't tell you the difference between engine oil and olive oil. Not only do they count on that ignorance, they make bank on it.

Not real familiar with Lucas. Does this discussion cover the itty bitty 5 ounce bottles of fuel additive?

I avoid anything with their name on it, so in my case, and for those who think similarly, yes, that product would be included. I personally don't have a use for the product you've mentioned, but if I did, I'd seek out something similar from a manufacturer with more integrity.

Purely from a business perspective, Lucas will most likely not stop selling their Lucas Oil Stabilizer. It's a cash cow. They don't sell it because they think it's actually a worthwhile product. They know better. However, they also know that 99% of people couldn't tell you the difference between engine oil and olive oil. Not only do they count on that ignorance, they make bank on it.

How much of the oil stabilizer do they really sell ???

That is documented fact.

I'm genuinely curious...

Like I had said before.. if they at minimum added real additives to that "stabilizer"... It would be a better product. Not perfect. Of course. Not ideal... Of course.. but a good amount better because it would not dilute the additives in the oil that is already in there.

My sense is that the powers to be are capitalizing on the Lucas brand name. Car care products, oil products etc. According to Wiki, they even have a railroad and a stadium with their name on it. I sense that they are planning to expand that brand power into other automotive sectors as well.

How much of the oil stabilizer do they really sell ???

That is documented fact.

I'm genuinely curious...

Like I had said before.. if they at minimum added real additives to that "stabilizer"... It would be a better product. Not perfect. Of course. Not ideal... Of course.. but a good amount better because it would not dilute the additives in the oil that is already in there.

There was a recent oil thread on Facebook in a page for Tahoes, Yukons, and Escalades that had 108 responses. The post was "What oil do you use?" and there were 19 comments with people saying "[enter oil brand here] plus Lucas Oil Stabilizer".

I'd say that's a pretty substantial percentage. I asked several of them why they use it and they each regurgitated the same marketing nonsense it says on the bottle. When I try to explain to them that it's just a viscous goo with no additives in it, I get a bunch of laugh reacts and called an idiot. Marketing works...

There was a recent oil thread on Facebook in a page for Tahoes, Yukons, and Escalades that had 108 responses. The post was "What oil do you use?" and there were 19 comments with people saying "[enter oil brand here] plus Lucas Oil Stabilizer".

I'd say that's a pretty substantial percentage. I asked several of them why they use it and they each regurgitated the same marketing nonsense it says on the bottle. When I try to explain to them that it's just a viscous goo with no additives in it, I get a bunch of laugh reacts and called an idiot. Marketing works...

That's the incredible power of willful ignorance, to be so steeped in stupidity that if somebody questions it that they are the one who is clearly ill informed. It's the same reason people can think the earth is flat.

At some point then the product would be called "motor oil".

I seen today some Lucas transmission stop slip they just started carrying it at my Walmart. Wonder if it has any additives in it? Probably not lol.

That's the incredible power of willful ignorance, to be so steeped in stupidity that if somebody questions it that they are the one who is clearly ill informed. It's the same reason people can think the earth is flat.

One of them said he uses 1 gallon of Rotella T4 15w-40 for "the extra zinc" plus 2 quarts of Lucas Oil Stabilizer "to prevent dry starts." A third of his crankcase was LOS. I mentioned his new "zinc" content, started at ~1100 ppm in Rotella, was now only ~730 ppm, and that his new oil viscosity would be in the 25-28 cSt range which is more than an SAE 60.

At some point then the product would be called "motor oil".

No... Not necessarily...

It still would be bright stock extremely thick crude base oil... Having a real additive package added would make it a fair bit better. At least it would not dilute the additive package in the host oil.

Still a big, big thickener that would affect cold weather performance...

But not "real motor" oil...

No... Not necessarily...

It still would be bright stock extremely thick crude base oil... Having a real additive package added would make it a fair bit better. At least it would not dilute the additive package in the host oil.

Still a big, big thickener that would affect cold weather performance...

But not "real motor" oil...
City Star? LOL! :ROFLMAO:

Yeah but 19 responses in a single thread is not significant in and of by itself.

Not saying it is not a big part of their sales... Could well be... Just seriously wondering where there is substantial evidence of how much that lone products makes up of their total sales.

Look up the psychological Dunning-Kruger effect and there you have these oil "experts" you are talking about.
Indeed, that does apply here, though I thought descriptive language was probably more appropriate as many reading this thread may have no idea as to what the that is. Thank you for mentioning it though.

Back