Lucas modern engine stabilizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used lucas HM and lucas pure synthetic in the past and it has worked pretty well to be honest. I have seen the voa for the normal oil stabilizer and I understand it's pretty much just thick oil. The high mileage isn't probably a whole lot different other than seal conditioners. I don't know about the pure synthetic. However I was thinking about using the modern engine one. Has anyone tried this? If it's a flop i have used the lubeguard biotech before and was impressed as well and may switch back.

If you're going to use anything in addition to the oil, it's going to be tough to beat the BioTech. I posted a VOA about 18 months ago, it's not snake oil like every item with Lucas on the label....

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
If you're going to use anything in addition to the oil, it's going to be tough to beat the BioTech. I posted a VOA about 18 months ago, it's not snake oil like every item with Lucas on the label....

All my pocket pistols have Lucas Oil in the barrel. Should I worried about snakes crawling in my pants pocket?

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

All my pocket pistols have Lucas Oil in the barrel. Should I worried about snakes crawling in my pants pocket?

Only your back pocket !
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by Micahmcmeen
I have used lucas HM and lucas pure synthetic in the past and it has worked pretty well to be honest...

At what? Diluting your additive package with trash Group 1 bright stock?

The only reason to use this or stuff like STP is maybe to slow down burning on say a used car you find out a be a burner after a recent oil change.

If you want to use thicker oil, use thick oil...

Yeah, I plan to change my $4 filter at 5k and add a spike fluid to offset dilution in 0w20 … considered some of these things for vis, but just too ??. Since I can get a full quart back in I bought some SN+ SAE HD30 instead

I see the OP is at FT Drum, if you're new there, here's a hint: You definitely DO NOT wanna use Lucas in your sump in winter!

I have used lucas HM and lucas pure synthetic in the past and it has worked pretty well to be honest. I have seen the voa for the normal oil stabilizer and I understand it's pretty much just thick oil. The high mileage isn't probably a whole lot different other than seal conditioners. I don't know about the pure synthetic. However I was thinking about using the modern engine one. Has anyone tried this? If it's a flop i have used the lubeguard biotech before and was impressed as well and may switch back.

Worked pretty well for what? What is the problem you were fixing with the products?

I didn't use it in the winter. That's when I used the biotech. The lucas seemed to help with some oil burning as well as some noise and the smoothness of the idle. However I created the post in Hope's of someone trying there modern engine stabilizer. Not to talk about my previous use of the brand lol.

2010 jeep commander 3.7. About 180,000. It takes 5w20. However I should note that I didn't use the full bottle. Only about a quarter.

Have you tried 5w30 before ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back