Lubro-Moly Motor Oil Saver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if anyone has tried this out. After getting turned on to the Lubro-Moly MoS2 anti-friction treatment, I stumbled upon this stuff from the same outfit. Product claims:

* Reduces oil consumption via the piston rings and valve guides
* Prevents blue, smoky exhaust fumes
* Prevents leaks due to leaks at elastomeric seals
* Regenerates engine seals made of plastic and rubber
* Prevents pollution of the environment due to oil dripping from the engine

The first claim is a possible solution for my own oil consumption, as I am burning it from sticky rings. That being said, I have also seen consumption drop claims from MoS2. I'm going to go with just the MoS2 for this OC to see if that helps first, and because my consumption is falling off as outside temps are beginning to drop and I will burn less over the winter.

Where I plan to dose with MoS2 every other OC, I might try this stuff between the MoS2 OCs (starting with my spring OC when consumption starts to rise again). Anyone have any experience with it?

-Spyder

Last edited:
Yes, there have been a few people who tried this actually. I've had great success with it.
thumbsup2.gif
Add to the oil, and give it about 800 km to do its job. Having said that, I contacted the gentleman I met from Liqui-Moly and they have said there is no problem mixing MOS2 and Motor Oil Saver, if that is what you wish to do.
thumbsup2.gif

Currently using in both of my cars for the first time. Valve guide seal problem as oil stays clean over time. '94 - 4.6L is known for this problem; and had severe overheat incident in my 96 Cr Vic about 50k miles ago. (lost coolant due to intake manifold crack on hot day) Tried some other products along the way and nothing worked, until now. Looks like 40 to 50% oil consumption reduction so far with LM oil saver. Too early to tell for the longer term. Bought a NAPA for 5.99+tax.

Yeah, I had valve seal problems with my GMQ and they are a major PITA to replace in this application. The Motor Oil Saver actually sorted that out for me...no more oil consumption and no more smokey exhausts.

You should give her the full Monty with your initial dose.
But I think it is far better to then add 1/2 bottle of the Lubro Moly for future oil changes than to omit it. $2 or so .

With my small sump, I decided on half a bottle for initial dosing of mos2 and 1/4 bottle maintenance treatments in each future oil change. I'm holding off on adding the Motor Oil Saver until next oil change, due to decreasing consumption recently, and not wanting to introduce too many variables at one time (such that I can't sort out which is doing what).

It sounds like it holds promise though. I'm already sold on mos2, and this German outfit seems like the real deal, and not the snake oil peddlers that the additive market is (unfortunately) plagued by.

-Spyder

bumping this again, just wanted to see if there are any VW 1.8T owners out there who have tried this on their cars. I have a bottle in hand and am considering dumping it in prior to my next OC.

THans!

Ive used it in my saab v6 3.0 turbo. It does seem to create some white residue on the bottom of my oil cap, same thing with my nissan 240sx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back