Lubeguard black bottles engine oil instead of atf?

What bitgo member this using black atf bottles lubeguard 10oz. As engine oil supplements inserted of atf supplement

The only thing the black bottle Lubegard is useful for is turning basic dex/merc into a highly friction modified fluids as designated by the Lubegard conversion chart, if you don't need to do that, there's absolutely no use for it.

The only thing the black bottle Lubegard is useful for is turning basic dex/merc into a highly friction modified fluids as designated by the Lubegard conversion chart, if you don't need to do that, there's absolutely no use for it.
I have buy from Ollie bargain hunt for 2.99 I was thinking out of box. Maybe used in engine oil will be good to but I am not chemist or oil formula later

What bitgo member this using black atf bottles lubeguard 10oz. As engine oil supplements inserted of atf supplement
Well, at one time ILI (the company that holds the LubeGard trademarks)

had a series of ATF friction modifier fluids that when added to Dexron III/Merc, it supposedly modified the friction characteristics for example, from Dex/Merc to ATF+3, 4 etc.

Now ILI also has an engine oil supplement and a CVT additive..

On this page, second from right, you will see what I think is your Black Bottle.

The only ILI third party additive product I think that has any efficacy is the LubeGard Red because of its specialized ester that seems to clean AT internals of varnish. It
also has the least amount of friction modification chemistry in it.

Last edited:
Why? The already make an engine oil supplement, Biotech Engine Protectant. What good with their ATF product do in an engine?

Why? The already make an engine oil supplement, Biotech Engine Protectant. What good with their ATF product do in an engine?
Right, the OP wasn't clear on whether he is talking about adding the Black Bottle ATF conversion fluid to an engine or what you just mentioned, the Biotech Engine Protectant.

If he is asking about adding the Black Bottle ATF conversion fluid to an engine then the answer is no, don't do it. I wouldn't even add it to a transmission.

If he is asking about adding the Biotech Engine Protectant to an engine, I would say it isn't needed.

I have used lubeguard white bottle atf flush in the crank case before an oil change.

Can't say if anything good or bad happened because of it.

I bet black would have the same results. Higher friction modifiers sounds pretty good to me.

I agree I used lubeguard biotech 15 oz on average $10 I am currently using in 2.3 l eco boost where black bottles I have purchased for $2.99 Ollie bargain. Was thinking ask what our members think of it.

I have used lubeguard white bottle atf flush in the crank case before an oil change.

Can't say if anything good or bad happened because of it.
Flushes are a different topic.

I bet black would have the same results. Higher friction modifiers sounds pretty good to me.
No, not quite.

A higher treatment of friction modification chemistry can actually be detrimental. The fluid's chemistry has to meet the type of wet clutch material used, the internal pressures developed, and the programming (mainly the timing) of the engagement/disengagement forces.

See post #21 here:

Right, the OP wasn't clear on whether he is talking about adding the Black Bottle ATF conversion fluid to an engine or what you just mentioned, the Biotech Engine Protectant.

If he is asking about adding the Black Bottle ATF conversion fluid to an engine then the answer is no, don't do it. I wouldn't even add it to a transmission.

If he is asking about adding the Biotech Engine Protectant to an engine, I would say it isn't needed.
Thank you mola I was asking I can used black bottles atf conversion fluid in engine oil . I get my answer no in atf or no in the engine oil too. Thank appreciate your feedback.

I agree I used lubeguard biotech 15 oz on average $10 I am currently using in 2.3 l eco boost where black bottles I have purchased for $2.99 Ollie bargain. Was thinking ask what our members think of it.
I wouldn't chance it. Their Biotech Engine Protectant has a pretty good following here, if you feel the need for an oil additive and like LG products that's what I'd use. Sometimes leaving a bargain on the shelf is the better thing to do.

Back