Lowest Temps this Season, Oil Type, Check In

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

We should see some temps in the -10F to -20F as winter continues.

Yep, typical Michigan winter temps. I however, live so close to Detroit that I get the heat island effect. Typically it rarely falls below 0F in myneighborhood. A few -5 nights last winter were about 10 degrees colder only 40 or 50 miles from Detroit. So I run 10w40 year round, but I do have an oil pan heater which makes for some very pleasant morning starts.

EDIT: Oh yeah. Lowest it got around here so far this season would be mid to upper 20s. Tonight it is supposed to drop no lower than 33F.

[ November 30, 2004, 12:24 AM: Message edited by: TallPaul ]

about 28f tonight 15w/40 gets thick but pumps good ,15f is the min for 15w/40 according to the oil recommendations in the 2002 powerstroke manual, 92 Toy 6 cyl p/u is 10w/30 recommended oil engine but I run 15w/40 in it . I have some Delo 10w/30 for my Toyota's next oil change, but that won't be for a while unless it gets below 20f .I hope not because under 65f is miserable. I live outside of
Redding Calif.

Hitting the high 30's at night ...high 40's daytime.

5w-40 Rotella in the TJ's
15w-40 in the son's Cherokee (a winter shoot out against RTS)
5w-20 MC in the Taurus
10w-20 in the Caravan

We may hit the single digits for a few days. The teens for a couple of weeks just below freezing for most of it (assuming a typical winter).

Same as Sparkman, It's been down to the mid 20s here.

0w-30GC in the Accent
mix of 10w-30 and 5w-30 (Castrol, Pennzoil, Maxlife, Chevron Supreme) in the '87 Bonneville.

0 degrees F last night out here in Limon, Colorado. Wifes 5w-30 Valv Dura started just fine no probs. I'm sure my 5w-30 Mobil1 SS will be just fine. 0 degrees isnt really to bad now that i'm used to it again.

quote:

I hope not because under 65f is miserable

That's funny. It's amaizing what people can get used to. I only needed a light jacket to scrap off the car this morning and it was 0 out...
grin.gif

The coldest evening temps have only been in the high 20s here. We probably won't see the bitter temps until January. My Volvo 240 has Chevron Sup.10W30 dino in the sump now, but I may change to 5W30 in Jan.. The Wife's VW Golf 2.0 will stay with Rotella T 5W40. Both cars are spiked w/4oz Synpower OT.

quote:

Originally posted by Starbreaker666:
0 degrees F last night out here in Limon, Colorado. Wifes 5w-30 Valv Dura started just fine no probs. I'm sure my 5w-30 Mobil1 SS will be just fine. 0 degrees isnt really to bad now that i'm used to it again.

quote:

I hope not because under 65f is miserable

That's funny. It's amaizing what people can get used to. I only needed a light jacket to scrap off the car this morning and it was 0 out...
grin.gif

I agree, but it is what you are used to. At 65 degrees F in MN we would be wearing shorts and t-shirts.

Lowest so far has been @28,both my vehiclees have GC 0w30,no garage,no heaters and noooooooo problems..
cheers.gif

Sorry forgot 03 Chevy Z-71 w/5.3

03 Chevy Impala w/3.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back