Lost our buddy this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's tough when you lose a pet. Hang in there.

Finally got it rotated, this was this past chrismas, he liked to play jedi with my son's old plastic light saber.

festus.jpg

Festus is a Latin word referring to joyous times (like festival or feast)...I know right now is a sad time, but he obviously brought you lots of joy over the years.
Glad that you didn't let the little muttley (what I call all dogs) suffer, good on you there.
When our dog got sick when I was little, money was short and my parents just let her die naturally rather than go to the vet...it took a LONG time and that poor girl was so miserable. I still hold that against both of them after all these years, honestly my dad was constantly drunk and mom worked 3 jobs in that period so pretty much nothing got taken care of properly. I can still see and hear that poor dog whining and dragging herself around trying to find a dark corner...just awful.

I have had to put a few family pets down. It is hard but when they are suffering it is the right thing to do. Take time to heal. Wait until you feel you are ready for another pet. I'm sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Many people don't realize that dogs are a part of the family and when we lose them it's vey traumatic...

That picture with the light saber is priceless. We recently had to let my wife's dog go, and it's never easy. It was still worth it, though, he was pretty great.

I've been married 36 years, and for most of that time we've had dogs. They are so individual, and somehow have such an affinity for people. My kids grew up with dogs, and three of them currently have dogs.

Get another dog when you're ready. It's not a replacement, it's a new joyful addition to the family.

In the meantime, you have my heartfelt condolences.

The interesting thing is, the terrier was the alpha dog. Our Shepard mix always was upset/anxious when he was away from the terrier. When we took Festus to the vet or somewhere, the Shepard was always kind of upset and sometimes would not eat until he was back.

He always waited for the terrier to eat or start eating before he would.

But this time, when my wife left the house with Festus to go to the vet, the Shepard was okay, and later that day he acted fine, ate fine. Today he acted fine and ate without hesitation.

Its like he knew Festus was not coming back , maybe he was intuitive enough to know he was really sick. As he has not looked for him or waited for him, or waited to eat.

Originally Posted by Trav
Sorry for your loss, it tough to loose a pet.

^^^^^
Really well said.

Take care of yourself in the coming days and weeks. In the coming time ahead nothing wrong when you think about your pet to allow yourself to get teary eyed. And also remember all the good times too. Sometimes these memories or tough feelings come up at random times. Allow yourself that. It will help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back