Looking to replace Accord with a new Taurus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent 2 weeks in my son in laws brand new Impala on a road trip from Denver to Las Vegas to San Diego and repeated the same trip back.
The Impala is a supreme road car with the V6,forget the 4 banger and lots of interior room and a big trunk.
It's worth a look at.

Originally Posted By: Tdbo
Originally Posted By: itguy08
Originally Posted By: Rmay635703
Another important point is the Taurus is a dead and discontinued car,
I would shy away from a newer one and buy a cherry from a few specific more reliable Taurus years if that is what your heart is set on.

Wouldn't bother me in the least. They are cop cars and that alone should mean parts availability for the sedan specific bits will remain high. The rest of the drivetrain is shared with the Explorer (AWD, brakes, etc) and the Duratec 3.5/6F500 has been made for years so those bits will be available for a long time too.

The Impalas are nice vehicles as well. An Avalon or the Genesis would be about the next closest competitor in size. The others (Mopar) are just as dead and dated and with less reliability to boot.

Me either. Right now they are a screaming value.
The biggest issue is that they are inefficiently designed regarding interior space and there are options that better address that metric.
Given that, if the price is right, why not?

Please share how to add more room to an otherwise cramped interior. You could be on to something.....

Going to look at cars this weekend. The Accord spit one of the new axles this morning. I have a super close friend who has his own business and shop. I usually go to him when I'm not in the mood to repair.

Got the Accord flat bedded to him this morning and he changed the axle. All is OK now.

Is this an omen? Lol.

Originally Posted By: redhat
All is OK now.

So no more vibration at hwy speeds? May want to keep it now.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: redhat
All is OK now.

So no more vibration at hwy speeds? May want to keep it now.

No, unfortunately my vibration is still there at times. But at least the car is drive-able.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back