Looking for thoughts/ input/ comments/ observations on this salvage gooseneck enclosed trailer

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
This Featherlight gooseneck trailer goes to auction this Wednesday. I am in critical need this week for one more trailer to store tools, parts, etc.

Featherlight usually uses aluminum frames, this frame looks to be steel? I can't grasp the damage and holistic condition of the trailer. I like that the trailer is about 150 miles from me. IAAI states trailer Seller is an insurance company- yet no insurance company is listed (red flag). I am also a bit leery about the inside height of the trailer, appears to be under six feet. Could this be a gooseneck flatbed trailer with a Featherlite enclosed trailer shell placed on top of it?

Would be grateful for any/ all thoughts/ input/ comments/ observations on this salvage gooseneck enclosed trailer.
39154141_16_I.jpeg
39154141_1_I.jpeg
39154141_2_I.jpeg
39154141_3_I.jpeg
39154141_5_I.jpeg
39154141_6_I.jpeg
39154141_7_I.jpeg
39154141_9_I.jpeg
39154141_10_I.jpeg
39154141_14_I.jpeg

Going to have to start charging a consultation fee. 😂

I'll give my free one..get a rental storage locker (shed) for your tools. It'll save you some cash.

I do not like the axle setup, nor do I like how the goose is connected to the trailer. I think you are asking for trouble.

Going to have to start charging a consultation fee. 😂

I'll give my free one..get a rental storage locker (shed) for your tools. It'll save you some cash.
I actually decided to give away a very large quantity of very lightly used electric power tools, and who know what else..... I have to clean out a RV storage garage I have been renting no later than Thursday afternoon 23MAY2024.

The height is odd. Looks like it is low, like a snowmobile hauler or something. I agree, the frame looks like steel and maybe an old body was slapped on top?

I’d like better pics of the side view.

That is an odd trailer. It looks heavy. Looks like the body was slapped on top. It would have to be cheap.

My guess is it held side by sides or ATVs with that oddball side ramp and low roof. Guessing what makes it a featherlite is the body, the frame looks steel. It is an oddball shape and seems to defeat the purpose of a stable trailer with the goofy front end and lack of a triangle design for the hitch. The weight distribution must be terrible to deal with. Pass.

Betting GON wants to park the trailer in an RV storage lot somewhere else so a semi trailer or container won’t work.

Could you move you stuff to another storage space with a U-Haul? That means handling things twice but if you’re out of time…

I see a Polaris sticker, and an Evolution 509 (snowmobile helmet) sticker.

My guess is they were hauling snowmobiles in this.

Even though you rarely see gooseneck snowmobile trailers, that's what this one is. Axles below the deck and a drive out front ramp door are sled trailers. Does it have fuel filler doors on the side? Another tell tale sign.

That thing is a piece of (hobbled together) garbage with terrible weight distributing....

Thanks for the great inputs on this trailer- I am grateful.

Although I am the current high bidder at $525, I am going to take a pass on this trailer. What I am most confused about on this trailer is how it has Featherlite listed as the manufacturer, yet the VIN is on the steel trailer. I imagine the insurance claim with Progressive was interesting.......

Follow up on this trailer.

The trailer went to auction two days ago, high bidder did not meet reserve and was unable/ unwilling to negotiate a price with the Seller (Progressive Insurance).

Progressive listed the trailer yesterday at a Buy It Now at $3500. Trailer sold at BIN earlier this morning. That is about $4300 out the auction lost, before title/taxes/ converting salvage to rebuilt (easy to do in Oregon).

An example of the continued heat in the used trailer market. Used cars may not be as hot as two years ago, used trailer are as hot as ever.

Back