Looking for something to use for in the rail and

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I happen to own a Fuel Induction/Injection cleaning machines. Same ones that the shops use for their BG, Wynns, MOC, Valvoline, and whatever other products are out there. I attach it to the fuel rail and pull the fuel pump relay and run the car off the pressurized machine to clean fuel injectors, and then there is also a mist attachment that you blow in front of the throttle body which is supposed to help clean the throttle body, intake, valves, and combustion chamber.

My question is this.

Are there any products like Techron, Amsoil PI, Lubro Moly Jectron and Valve Kleen or any other products that I could substitute for the expense products that you are actually supposed to sell with the cleaning service.

It has to be a cleaner that will run an engine just off the cleaner with no fuel for in the rail cleaning, and then something that is safe to mist through the throttle body/intake.

I have a few cans of LubroMoly Jectron and Valve Kleen and it would be cool if I use both of these in my machine instead of just adding them to the tank.

no help from all the experts??
frown.gif

Well, it can be a hard question to answer (and you have to see the question). So, it has to sustain combustion to the point of not upsetting the sensors, yet you don't want to cut anything with gasoline?

Bottled injector cleaners are suspended in a kerosene carrier. I don't know if you could cut it enough "as is" to compress the time frame for treatment.

I could be wrong, but I think it would be hard to cut the carrier enough and process enough product through the engine in a timely manner. Consider the entire bottle kerosene. How much would you cut that to rule out side effects?

I'm just thinking out loud.
21.gif

What would you use other than gasoline to cut it? I imagine gas that was heavily dosed with ethanol would work. Less fear of back fire with the throttle body open and it should manage running the engine without too much tap dancing.

The last thing you need is to turn the mister into a flame thrower.

The last time I researched injector cleaners on the internet, I found the solutions are chiefly xylene mixed with some alcohol. I'm not sure if that is what you're looking for.

I've worked with xylene. It has an incredibly strong "moth ball" smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back