Looking for hex bit suggestions

Getting a little into RC cars with my son and I’d like some nice hex drivers to use. Plenty of tools in the garage and I even gave him a handy little rc car tool set but Dad would like something higher quality.

Right now I am considering the Wiha 26390 driver set and adding a Wiha 7mm nut driver but that seems pretty steep for a handful of precision hex drivers. Alternatively I’m considering looking for some hex bits in the 2” length range- not a whole lot of brand name options out there though. They all seem to be chinesium. Any suggestions??

Attachments

• IMG_2813.jpeg
    IMG_2813.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2814.jpeg
    IMG_2814.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2812.jpeg
    IMG_2812.jpeg
    152.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2815.jpeg
    IMG_2815.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 17
When I was into on-road RC racing, I used nothing but Wiha nut, ball hex and screw drivers. I still have them.

Depending on who makes the chassis, a lot of the fasteners self-tap into plastic parts - consider drivers with big handles. For these screws, I use cushioned handled Xcelite screw drivers.

I have a set of these. Took me a while to figure out how to get to the bit holder opened.

20190903_195521_resized.jpg

Last edited:
For really small fasteners like on an R/C car, I prefer a one piece screwdriver for the better feel I get.

Back