looking for good work boots

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm looking for something decent but not excessively expensive

i work in a tire and lube center so they will come in contact with automotive fluids as well as the degreaser we use

safety toe is preferred and i'd like an 8" boot

For decent, but not excessively expensive I usually recommend Rocky/Wolverine.

But deals are out there. I got my Danners for $65 new from thebreakroom.com. They periodically have flash sales.

Take a look at Wolverine boots. They are not cheap, but they are very durable so the ROI on them is very high.

Red Wing #3507 USA made and tough especially in a chemical and solvent environment

Not all Red Wings made the same you just can not say get a Red Wing boot and it is good not true they make junk just like all the rest of them but I stand with my rec for the 3507 and put them up against any boot made for that environment

I've enjoyed my Belleville brand boots, they're comfortable and appear to be durable enough. But the ones I'm wearing right now would be a no-go because they aren't smooth leather and wouldn't do so well in mechanic's environment.

Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvis
Rocky S2V
Oakley Assault
Reebok has some as well.

I thought we were talking about work boots not weekend warrior boots???

Originally Posted By: dave123
Rocky S2V
Oakley Assault
Reebok has some as well.

I had a pair of Rocky S2Vs that I wore for every weekday for a year, and almost never on weekends. They were comfortable but they didn't last as long as I would have liked.

I'm not sure what makes them "weekend warrior" boots.

Originally Posted By: Mykl
Rocky S2V
Oakley Assault
Reebok has some as well.

I had a pair of Rocky S2Vs that I wore for every weekday for a year, and almost never on weekends. They were comfortable but they didn't last as long as I would have liked.

I'm not sure what makes them "weekend warrior" boots.

I don't know possibly the title of the Rocky web site for the boots "Making you a better Warrior"

I notice most RedWings are made in China. They are comfortable but fall apart after 2 years of use. My employer pays up to $150 per year for safety shoe allowance so RedWing was my first choice, Timberland was my second choice.

Redwings are fine if you get the US made ones. Some are made in China. Thorogoods are excellent. They are union made in WI. Been around as long or longer than Redwings. $130 and up just like any other quality boot. I wear mine 60 hours a week.
www.theunionbootpro.com

I don't know possibly the title of the Rocky web site for the boots "Making you a better Warrior"

Yeah, the marketing pitch is because their primary customer is people in the military. But if the sole didn't wear so fast they'd be great for anybody who needs a decent work boot.

Check out Red Wings and see if something works for you. I've worn the 4406 for over 15 years (not the same boots - I replace mine about every 2 years). Made in the USA (from imported materials - can't win them all sometimes). Most of their shops will take the time to listen to what you need and try to find something that will fit the bill. I still pay near the same price for my boots as I paid for my first pair based on a long term relationship with my dealer - he's got every pair of boots I've ever bought in his system...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back