Looking for good synthetic oil filter..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Not many oil filter brands/models use a base end bypass valve, compared to the ones that don't. If it was a super big deal, all oil filters would have a base end bypass design. On my Tacoma, I wouldn't want a base end bypass valve because it mounts vertical with the base down. And on a horizontal filter, it really doesn't matter. Some applications may benefit from a base end bypass valve.

I use Motorcraft filters (thread end bypass) since most of my vehicles are fords, except for the one chevy which has the bypass in the filter mount (they were thinking about this long before anybody else).

Fram Ultra or Amsoil EA Series filters.

I was able to pick up a pack of Fram Ultra filters on ebay for around $6.00 each which is cheaper than what they cost at Walmart and didn't have to pay tax or shipping.

Mobil 1 oil is great, but I don't think their oil filters aren't that good at all. If you want the best of the best, go Fram Ultra or Amsoil. I have been running Amsoil for the last few years and have an Amsoil filter on my car now. I will go to Fram Ultra on my next oil change and stick with Mobil 1.

Last edited:
Purolator Synthetic is on sale at Kmart for $7 or less this month if there's one near you and they have a Puro Syn that fits your car.

Originally Posted By: DrAdmin
royal purple
amsoil

Napa PLAT... if you do not mind the low restriction.

Royal purple has the same bypass as FRAM..

not sure about AMSOIL......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back