Looking for a tool set to keep in my car

I see a 184 piece mechanic tool set from DeWalt at my local Costco. Is DeWalt a good tool brand?

hmm. Just why do you want to pack a tool set in your vehicle?
In my experience, if the maintenance schedule is followed even remotely, there's no reason for the tools &
working on a disabled vehicle at the side of the road these days is ill-advised.
I could go on but....... ??

I carry an ARMY tool bag with various tools, sockets, wrenches, etc, etc. And a roll of duct tape. ;)

I do ALOT of preventive maintenance at home to reduce the chance of being stranded on side of road.
My vehicle 'tool kit' consists of simple tools plus Cable Ties, Wire and Rags.

What car is this for? I can’t remember the last time I repaired a car on the side of the road. Mine are too new. It’s nice to have tools handy for the random repairs at a friends house or whatever, but I’m not lugging around a good set, too many bits and too costly if it grows legs.

I vote cheap set. Maybe toss in some moving blankets too.

I think one should definitely carry a basic tool set when traveling, especially if the car is older...and to answer the original question, yes - DeWalt is a good brand. It is not a boutique brand for wrenches but is one of the better brands for builders' tools and all around DIY stuff. You won't regret getting a DeWalt tool.

I bought this Hyper Tough 107 piece set from Walmart many years ago and it's help up really well. I have needed it a few times to work on vehicles away from my home and it's always had just enough to get the job done. For $20 and a slim carrying case, it's really, really hard to go wrong.

I can tell you zip ties work very well; nearly as good as a roll of bailing wire.
Truth!

Various sizes of zip ties can fix lots of stuff, eliminating the need for the many connectors and screws, as well as tie downs, handcuffs, etc that you may need in an emergency situation.

The Channellock set from Sam’s Club isn’t a bad buy for a beside the road kit. Also the $99 kits from Lowe’s in both the Kobalt and Craftsman brand aren’t bad either if you are looking to spend that much. It comes with pretty much everything you’d need beside the road. You get sockets, wrenches, screwdriver handle with bits, Allen keys, ratchets, miscellaneous other things too.

The Channellock set from Sam’s Club isn’t a bad buy for a beside the road kit. Also the $99 kits from Lowe’s in both the Kobalt and Craftsman brand aren’t bad either if you are looking to spend that much. It comes with pretty much everything you’d need beside the road. You get sockets, wrenches, screwdriver handle with bits, Allen keys, ratchets, miscellaneous other things too.
Yes Sam's club channel lock set is 89.99 but I'm bit a member

hmm. Just why do you want to pack a tool set in your vehicle?
In my experience, if the maintenance schedule is followed even remotely, there's no reason for the tools &
working on a disabled vehicle at the side of the road these days is ill-advised.
I could go on but....... ??
I keep tools and fluids in my car mostly to help others. I’ve been lucky. Only one tow in my life. A few days ago, I just finished groceries and I see the hood of this car opened and an older woman and younger person standing by the car. I walk over and listening to them about the oil light being on, and pulling the dipstick that they needed a quart of Oil. 3 min later they are on their way.

I keep tools and fluids in my car mostly to help others. I’ve been lucky. Only one tow in my life. A few days ago, I just finished groceries and I see the hood of this car opened and an older woman and younger person standing by the car. I walk over and listening to them about the oil light being on, and pulling the dipstick that they needed a quart of Oil. 3 min later they are on their way.
nice job. my latest was an overheating Subaru. No tools with me but typical blown head gasket situation for the operator.
No tool box big enough for that in the drug store parking lot................ : l

Thanks I'm going to go with a DeWalt set
I think one should definitely carry a basic tool set when traveling, especially if the car is older...and to answer the original question, yes - DeWalt is a good brand. It is not a boutique brand for wrenches but is one of the better brands for builders' tools and all around DIY stuff. You won't regret getting a DeWalt tool.

Back