Looking for a new tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife feels she would like a new tablet.

We use tablets exclusively (we no longer have a computer) Her current tablets is a Galaxy tab4 5.02

She likes the large screen, I don't think she would be happy with anthing smaller. I think basicly she is happy with the device, but it is getting old and the battery charge life is not what it was.

This (I guess) is a basic use device she uses for sharing emails, searching the net and storing pictures.

Ideas please. Her birthday is comming up.

Go with same manufacturer -they're now compatible (same GUI, same apps, same ergonomics)
and now seamless as you move from phone to tablet and back.

For Samsung you have have 7, 8, 11 inches. but beware, the new 11 vs the old 11 is a narrower
version so in portrait mode the text is too small to fit comfortably - the 8incher is
more square and offers wider views in portrait mode than the new 11. catch is that the
8 incher is more expensive than the new 11.

Stick with android. As I type this on my iPad 4th generation, it has slowed down a great deal and freezes quite often. I'm sure the updates over the last few years have just about ruined this machine.

I would go with the entry level iPad 2018 9.7 model.

Apple lowered the price and upgraded the processor versus the previous 2017 model. I have the 2017 and I am very happy with it. I'm not a fan of Apple PCs or laptops, but I love their tablets.

The displays on the iPads are beautiful. You get a 1536 x 2048 pixels, 4:3 ratio, IPS display. To get an equivalent display on a Samsung you have to get the top of the line Samsung model. I also find the Apple OS more user friendly and polished than Android. Battery life is great.

Bought my wife a Galaxy Tab S2 about 1.5 years ago, and she has only used her laptop a few times during that time. She absolutely loves it.

The Galaxy Tab A 10.1 are on sale right now...$229 at Best Buy and $227.99 at Walmart. S3 is going to cost a lot more, and the S4 even more.

I have had an Amazon Fire 10 for 3- 4 years and seldom use my PC as well. I'm happy with it and a New Fire 10 is about $150.00.

if your wife uses a lot of apps stick with android, if not the Amazon Kindle Fire HD10 is a beautiful device for the price. I got mine on prime day for $99.

Thanks for the input guys, I can't see either of us going back to an Apple product anytime soon.

Originally Posted By: TOMJ
I have had an Amazon Fire 10 for 3- 4 years and seldom use my PC as well. I'm happy with it and a New Fire 10 is about $150.00.

I have an Amazon Fire for 4 years. Can't tell you how many times I wanted to smash it. It gets a mind of its own sometimes and refuses to connect to Wi-Fi's it has previously connected to. Bigger problem is the majority of apps are not compatible.

iPad or nothing else. I could never own an Android device, they're so laggy and glitchy. Yuck!

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
iPad or nothing else. I could never own an Android device, they're so laggy and glitchy. Yuck!

Only Apple markets iThings; many, many many manufacturers can market Android-based devices. Some of those devices are designed poorly and built poorly, others surpass Apple devices. It is impossible to speak of Android or any other device-independent software being "this" or "that" as is depends almost entirely on the "who" and "how" behind it implementation.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

I'd bet your Android didn't cost as much as your iDevice.

If you shop the same price bracket, Android wins every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back