Looking for a new chain saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: spasm3
Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman

I don't know of any fixed jet two strokes. The screws just aren't in the open anymore, usually there is a cap that needs to be removed.

My new husqvarna 390 is a beast of a saw, but even it as a commercial saw , has limited screw adjustment. It would take some work to get into these.

You can buy the screwdriver set for adjusting these carbs, IIRC it's an 8 piece set that will handle most of the funky limited adjustments out there.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman

I don't know of any fixed jet two strokes. The screws just aren't in the open anymore, usually there is a cap that needs to be removed.

Certain models of the ms260 had fixed high side jets . Also the current 3120XP has a fixed high side jet .

Originally Posted By: Syntheticuser
I'm looking for a new chain saw. Echo CS 450, 490 and the 590 Timberwolf in mind. I'm thinking another 18" but I am open to a 20". I will use it to cut firewood and fallen trees on the property after a storm. It may get 4-6 hours a month. I just want a good saw. I don't want to have to toss this one after a few years. I'm thinking the 590 is the way to go. Thoughts.

For the money ,the 590 is hard to beat . Can't think of any other magnesium case saws in that price range .
Also if you have a local dealership ,check out the Makita EA 6100 ( formerly the dolmar ps6100 ) . Very strong saw for 60 cc's .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back