Looking at a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk/ any good?

Check to see if the corrosion issue on the leading front edge of the hood still exists, it’s been an issue for close to a decade, faulty sealing on some of the vehicles where the aluminum hood Is welded to the steel frame causes paint bubbling, It’s acknowledged issue by Jeep and they will send it to a body shop for repair.
You do not get a choice of the shop or if it’s repaired or hood replaced, that is dictated by Jeep, dealer has no say. (My neighbor is a service manager)

We only found this out after purchasing a beautiful 2017 jeep grand Cherokee Limited from Carvana this year with no more then 26,000 miles on it. We discovered the corrosion a day later, I called up Carvana and had them come and take the jeep back.
Even though Jeep Would cover it under their corrosion warranty, no way was I going to buy an almost new vehicle and then have the hood repaired and painted or replaced and painted. We keep our vehicles for a relatively long period of time and no matter what anyone says aftermarket painting never holds up like that from the factory’

For the heck of it we also walked some car lots at Carmax and saw the same thing on one or two jeep grand Cherokee’s, I think it’s a hit or miss situation I don’t know.
I believe the vehicle has a five year corrosion warranty.
You can do many internet searches on this issue also.
We went to a local dealer and bought a certified Chevy traverse LT, 2017
I agree. I recently posted a thread about a factory paint defect on our Jetta and basically was told having repainted was a non issue. NOT THE CASE!

Back