Look at doing a Bypass on my 6.0, Q's...

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is this talk about running toilet paper, or paper towel rolls? Aare you serious? No way am I actually running a roll of paper TP or paper towels. I want a actual element.

Originally Posted By: Toy4x4runner
what is this talk about running toilet paper, or paper towel rolls? Aare you serious? No way am I actually running a roll of paper TP or paper towels. I want a actual element.

Better put your flame suit on, or better yet read this forum and learn about bypass filters AND how good TP & paper towels do at filtering oil.

I'm not running a roll of paper... don't care how good. not happening. I want to buy a element that is specifically designed for the filtering unit.

You better take the filter off your truck, its most likely pleated paper...

You might as well forget about most bypasses then as they use some form of paper or fiberglass...a centrifugal doesn't, might want to look at one of those.

That oil guard is nothing more than a ball of cotton string...so it can't be working.

Last edited:
I'm not running a roll of paper... don't care how good. not happening. I want to buy a element that is specifically designed for the filtering unit.

Then you're looking at an Amsoil unit. Problem solved.

All it ever (mostly) comes down to the filtration triangle. It's hard to trump in most cases. Some advanced synthetic medias can give longer life under finer filtering standards ..but most cannot.

Physical size
Level of filtration
Life of filter

You can manipulate any of those three items and effect the one or both of the others ..but they're going to be inter-related.

Bigger size? Longer life or the same life at a higher level of filtration

Finer filtering? Shorter life or the same life in a larger can

Longer life? (same can size) Courser filtering. Shorter life? Finer filtering.

That's the way it works. The physical limitations just work that way.
21.gif

Whatever makes you feel good.

Originally Posted By: Arkapigdiesel
Hey deeter, have you gotten you a 12V yet?

Ha! Truck devalued almost $5k in a month!! I'm not giving it up for a loss!

The only thing I can figure is the values dropped from the price of fuel (dealers can't sell them) and the new models are out...

I'm going to throw some parts at it, and most likely stick a set of NEW injectors with my tips in it...

All the kidding and whatnot aside, Toy ..there are (perhaps) filters that have a pleated paper type cartridge element ( that would suit your needs. They would tend to be VERY BIG and VERY EXPENSIVE. Just keep looking on ebay for stuff that's used in larger scale industrial hydraulics. Again, the size will be massive and the replacement filter costs extreme. I check this stuff out all the time.

290269419307 Put that number into ebay. There's a very expensive filter housing that's got an element that spec's Beta3=200 That's 99.5% to you and me at 3um and larger. Pretty impressive. The elements at this discount filter outfit are about $40 each before S&H ..and who knows how long it will last on a diesel engine
21.gif

I still would buy the Amsoil bypass as it can be purchased with all the goodies that fit your truck and for all intents and pourposes it will give you the bypass filter advantages you need with the least amount of hassel to install and the price is right and the element lasts many, many miles which lowers maintenance.

Scott 1000 sheet 2 ply, iirc. Pretty neat setup if the frequency of service is within your comfort zone.

Scotts 1000 is used because it has the required 1-1/2" tube that fits the Frantz...most TP has a 1-5/8" tube which is loose.

Single ply towels are preferred because its denser than 2-ply...but I have not seen UOAs indicating that one is actually better than the other...

Looked into the Frantz. Interesting. I tend to like the Kleenoil, Puradyn, Amsoil or Puradyn kits... looking for element changes, not TP. Just can't decide on one.

If you're looking at costs:

BP80A-EA 14.50 cheaper mount
EABP90-EA 28.15 smaller EaBp

42.65 total
7.10 s&H
53.25 grand total

Add sales tax
21.gif

It's down to hose ahd hose barbs ..a couple of fittings
21.gif

Those are PC prices ..but not hard to manage around it.

Yeah the Amsoil Kit is looking pretty good right now. And all I have to add to the above is a swivel elbow and a Stant filler cap and a T and some hoses.... not bad. Or just buy the whole Amsoil kit. I think I'm going to order my Coolant filter kit this week, get that installed and then work on the oil bypass. I've been looking at coolant filter kits for the past year. Just keep forgetting and getting busy. Thanks for all the help guys.

What is the Amsoil kit rated at? what micron?

Ok, Looked at all of them again. I'm going to do a FS2500 or a Amsoil. So I just have to look at each of them closer.. install location, replacement filters etc.

I have an Amsoil bypass filter billet head (BK-203) I'll sell you if you're looking to go the Amsoil route. It's the same head that's sold with the BMK-11 kit.

It's brand new...I found it last night while looking through my oil stash/filter stash/bypass oil filter fittings stuff
smirk2.gif

No big deal if you don't want it...I'll be able to sell it pretty easy if I advertise it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back