Longest lasting liquid wax/polish

Status
Not open for further replies.

I currently use FK1000 in the paste form with great results. However, as it is not available in liquid form I was wondering what might be recommended for a vehicle stored outdoors in the sun of FL in a liquid format that last.

the people that test toasters (and almost everything else) for a living give high durability rankings to Nu Finish liquid, Nu Finish paste, Turtle Wax paste. everything else that they tested was average or below.

I had my best luck with Nu-Finish for years. About 6 months ago I tried Optimum's SW2008G on my work car just to see how it would do because it is a take-home patrol car and it sees a lot of miles between had wash and waxes (I put on 3-5k per month). I try to hand wash/wax once a quarter. The car gets covered with a lot of road grime, grease, asphalt from construction zones, bird droppings, bugs, severe weather, etc. so it is hard on paint and finish. I have been pretty impressed. I ran through a touchless the other day, and it is still beading like the day I put it on. It was far easier to apply and seems like I use far less to get a good wax job. I bought a jug and just put in my own spray bottle. Waxed the whole car in about 15-20 minutes. I still wouldn't hesitate to use Nu-Finish if it were all I could find, but I think I'm going to switch the Optimum for my personal cars as well.

Be sure whatever wax you choose is a good fit for your car. Some like NuFinish leave white areas on vinyl trim. It's a pain if your car has a lot of black vinyl trim like my Jeep had. If your super careful then maybe OK. But NuFinish is kind of a medium duty cleaner/wax.

Been using Nu Finish Liquid since the 80's. Holds up for about 6 months in the nasty burning sun and constant monsoon rains. Most other waxes do not last that long down here.

Do some reseach and buy two products you'd like to try. All are good suggestions. I am a pro detailer and in the last two years have used:

1. Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint sealant 3.0
2. Jetseal
3. Optiseal
4. HD Speed
5. Garry Dean's Juice boost
6. Garry Dean's Vitality Shield.

I personally like Vitality shield the most. It has lasted 5 months so far on my garaged Jetta during a Chicago Summer. The best part is it spreads so well but it the easiest sealant I have EVER used when removing. Its all I use these days on my cars and my customers cars. (HD speed is used quite a bit too but doesn't have near the longevity)

The goal is to find something "YOU" like and use it often!

I'd also like to add if you take your time applying any sealant/wax (get full coverage on the paint) there is NO benefit to "layering". it just wastes the product.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Hysilver
Fk1000 is comparable to collinite 945 paste. Collinites liquid is #845 insulator wax. Maybe check that out.

I 2nd Collinite 845 if on a budget. A couple layers gets my cars through MN winters with salt/sand/power washing and still beads in the spring.

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
the people that test toasters (and almost everything else) for a living give high durability rankings to Nu Finish liquid, Nu Finish paste, Turtle Wax paste. everything else that they tested was average or below.

That's because they don't compare Nu Finish to any of the good stuff...they only test the stuff that you would normally find on the shelf at like say Walmart or Meijers...you won't see CR testing Collinite, Duragloss, Zaino, Klasse, etc...

Originally Posted By: ZebRuaj
Originally Posted By: Hysilver
Fk1000 is comparable to collinite 945 paste. Collinites liquid is #845 insulator wax. Maybe check that out.

I 2nd Collinite 845 if on a budget. A couple layers gets my cars through MN winters with salt/sand/power washing and still beads in the spring.

+1 You mentioned a wax/polish in your subject. Are you talking about an all in one or just a top coat? If that's the case I would also go with Collinite 845. You don't have to use much when applying. Thinner the better. Boy is it durable. I am still using my bottle from almost 10 years ago and only half way through it. That is 3 cars every winter. In the summer I prefer something with a little more of a buttery shine but in terms of durability Collinite is hard to beat. If you're looking for a surprisingly decent all in one you can try Meguiars D151. It has a good cut and smooths out to a fine polish. Wax last a decent while as well.

I notice that people in cooler climates like Collinite. People in warmer climates like the two part Duragloss product.

Personally, I'd give the Optimum spray wax a try. It's really a spray sealant. Quite similar to the Chemical Guys Jetseal product, way more durable than any spray wax and super simple.

I notice it has a narrow temperature range, so there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back