Long trip: driving has changed

The reality is you have people driving there who either learned to drive in countries where there was total roadway chaos (e.g. farm animals pulling carts), or they grew up in countries where they never drove a car until they got to the US (e.g. grandma or grandpa).
And it will continue to get worse since millions more migrants are allowed into America every year.

And it will continue to get worse since millions more migrants are allowed into America every year.

Yeah! Didn't you know the founding fathers wrote that immigrants should never be allowed into the country? All the immigrants that came into the country during the 18th, 19th, and 20th centuries should have been turned away and told to go back where they came from! /s

Yeah! Didn't you know the founding fathers wrote that immigrants should never be allowed into the country? All the immigrants that came into the country during the 18th, 19th, and 20th centuries should have been turned away and told to go back where they came from! /s

There is a legal process to come here. Many are not going that route.

People seem to lose their minds when they encounter a simple roundabout. I hate them too but they are not complicated. Some people have a serious problem with one sign more than others. YIELD!

Spent the week on a similar trip. Had a semi nearly take me out moving into the left lane as I was coming up on him. It was close enough my wife gasped....he was obviously not patient with left lane cars anymore. I saw another do the same to another car, and then a couple trucks just staying in the left lane, but they had the hammer down.

Also noticed terrible lane control in town. People will turn right, into the left lane, or left into the right lane. That is a really bad idea!!!! It's bad here in my town, but I figured it was Iowan's driving badly. The Chicago Suburbs are not much better, though they at least use turn signals.

Any of you who do daily commutes in the Chicago suburbs, I tip my hat to you. I did it 2 days, and that was enough for me.

Almost nothing makese happier than being able to cruise at 90 mph up/down I75/85/65. It's just pure bliss.
I USED to feel that same way (y)and THEN... I have to laugh now cause it seems people eventually (me now) reach an age when / where we are never in a hurry anymore and are most likely to get run over for going too slow. Oh and probably with a blinker on in the middle of the interstate with no exits in sight. Enjoy.... we will try to stay out of your way!:ROFLMAO:

Back