Cell Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't believe it's what the driver is doing, it's the driver. Bad drivers are bad drivers and it doesn't matter what shiny object is distracting them.

I've seen all of those things happen just as many times where the driver isn't on a cell phone.

I too wish the police would spend more time patrolling the roads for unsafe driving instead of operating speed traps. How many people could they have pulled over for actual dangerous driving while they are wasting time learning how to use a LIDAR gun and how to testify in court about it???

Originally Posted By: tonycarguy
Do you think it's dangerous to talk to your passenger while driving?

At least passengers' sense of self preservation lead them to shut up at times.

People that don't use any common sense will cause accidents with or without cell phones.

I called my SIL the other day to ask for help with my printer. He explained he was on his way home and asked if he could call me back when he got there. No way did he need to be distracted from his driving to help then and there.

If anything it's safer because they can hold your latee, bagel and cell phone while you do other things...
LOL.gif
(J/K)

I think it's the same if not safer because you have a second set of eyes on the road.
wink.gif

Yes, especially when it's a mother with young children. The mother's attention is barely one eye on the traffic.

Originally Posted By: rationull
Originally Posted By: PT1
I have to use a hands free phone...otherwise how am I going to text with my blackberry and drink my latte...
21.gif

You forgot about eating the Big Mac and shaving!

I swore off the McDonalds years ago...too dangerous. Plus I am usually too busy with my 12V plug in Latte maker anyway. But I only plug that in after I unplug my 12V electric razor. What I really need is a bigger SUV like a Ford Excursion EXT with a lift kit and big off road tires that has more plug outlets. I have no place to plug in my 12V toaster oven to warm my bagel.
12.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rationull
I have to use a hands free phone...otherwise how am I going to text with my blackberry and drink my latte...
21.gif

You forgot about eating the Big Mac and shaving!

I swore off the McDonalds years ago...too dangerous. Plus I am usually too busy with my 12V plug in Latte maker anyway. But I only plug that in after I unplug my 12V electric razor. What I really need is a bigger SUV like a Ford Excursion EXT with a lift kit and big off road tires that has more plug outlets. I have no place to plug in my 12V toaster oven to warm my bagel.
12.gif
div>

crackmeup2.gif
You could always get a Hummer, they are bigger than the Excursions and have lots of AMP's to draw on for all your appliances. I hear Dodge is putting Mini-Fridges/Microwaves in their mini-vans soon. Something to think about!
LOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back