Long low profile jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rotated the tires on the wife's van the other day with my regular floor jack and it was a pain. I can barley get it under the front to the jack point and then when I had it up on jack stands there was no way I could get to the rear jack point. I ended up using the lift points on either side in front of the rear wheels but that lifted the front up also so that isn't the safest way to do it.

Is there a longer low profile jack out there that could hit the lift points on a sienna? A regular low profile jack doesn't look like it will work as they look too tall on the back part and the rear jack point is a ways under the van.

got one from Griots Garage years ago low + heavy still works great but a bit spendy now!!

Check out the Harbor Freight offerings. They might have something that will work for you.

The new Daytona jacks at Harbor Freight are low profile and look longer than the standard ones they sell, especially the yellow one.

If you don't mind spending the $$, the AC Hydraulics DK13HLQ is a good one (3.1" height at front, 37" length, 28" lifting height). http://www.acjacks.com/acjacks_003.htm

Last edited:
Originally Posted by drtyler
If you don't mind spending the $$, the AC Hydraulics DK13HLQ is a good one (3.1" height at front, 37" length, 28" lifting height). http://www.acjacks.com/acjacks_003.htm
I have one, it is beastly. If your driveway is uneven (mine is terrible) it will be a little hard to use sometimes.

There are import jacks that are similar to the DK13HLQ, there is no need to buy it unless you really want it. I got mine for $350 used and I'm not sure you can even get them in Canada anymore.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
Check out the Harbor Freight offerings. They might have something that will work for you.

They have a terrific one I use on my sig car as it sits so low. Check their catalog, quite a choice there...

The request was for both LONG and LOW recommendations. I have several very low cars and the best lift points are too far back for simply LOW jacks to reach. There's little available that are both. The OMEGA #29023 meets both requirements and works well for me. Northern and Amazon are good sources. Good luck!

Originally Posted by Lapham3
The request was for both LONG and LOW recommendations. I have several very low cars and the best lift points are too far back for simply LOW jacks to reach. There's little available that are both. The OMEGA #29023 meets both requirements and works well for me. Northern and Amazon are good sources. Good luck!

Correct. It is the long and low part that is the problem. That jack looks like a good option and do a few others posted but they are way more money that I want to spend right now on one.

Buy two HF aluminum jacks, One for the front pinch weld lift point & one for the rear pinch weld lift point. Front wheel drive vehicles are NOT made/designed to be lifted at the front/back centerline of the vehicle! They are made for swing arm & pad-style lifts.

Unless you cross-rotate.....The Two Jack method should work fine & be fairly safe.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by clinebarger
Buy two HF aluminum jacks, One for the front pinch weld lift point & one for the rear pinch weld lift point. Front wheel drive vehicles are NOT made/designed to be lifted at the front/back centerline of the vehicle! They are made for swing arm & pad-style lifts.

Unless you cross-rotate.....The Two Jack method should work fine & be fairly safe.

Siennas do have points front and back made for jacking. I am fairly sure it says it in the manual. I also cross rotate.

Originally Posted by jhellwig
Originally Posted by clinebarger
... Front wheel drive vehicles are NOT made/designed to be lifted at the front/back centerline of the vehicle! They are made for swing arm & pad-style lifts. ...
Siennas do have points front and back made for jacking. I am fairly sure it says it in the manual. ...
My Prius has them too, although I've never used them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back