Location of idle air control valve. Honda B-Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have a stuck one on the CRV, gummed from a throttle body cleaning. Dealer service rep agrees, but stopped short of showing it to me. I'm going in for inspection monday and wanted to tweek it myself first to save a few $, plus pass inspection. Anybody know or have a reference link?

you cant really tweak the iac. i don't think its adjustable. however the throttle plate is adjustable, via set screw.

both items are located on the throttle body. i assume this is you're b20b in the crv? what happened to make the iac not work?

if you need some specific help, shoot me a pm, i've got the b20b in my crv and wouldn't mind popping my hood to check things out.

Do these engines have a cable actuated throttle? Reason I ask is, the 'new' electronic throttle controls don't use an IAC. The throttle motor does the tiny tweaks it needs to the throttle plate position to maintain a cold idle speed.

This is a 1998 and supposedly if you spray clean the TB, gum flows down into the IAC. I'll look on the throttle body. Thanks.

Wow, thanks. I have dial-up so it's hard to surf for info. NEED SATELITE INTERNET!

Just use a flat edge screw driver to scraped off all the black grime/crud that builds up on the mesh screen.

I also helps to remove the throtle body and clean off all the grime that builds up.

Job is done, it was a lil grimy. Who knows if it would throw a cel. Thanks again.

dealer cleared cel and it has not returned. I am making another post about the "diagnostic service".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back