LL01 For Direct Injection

For the last couple of years, I have been using Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W40 which has the LL01 approval in my Cooper S with the N18 turbo engine. At 52k miles there are no apparent carbon deposit issues.
Where are you looking for carbon deposit issues and how are you looking for them?

I'm not sure what the connection is between Longlife-01 approval and carbon deposits either. Can you explain that?

Where are you looking for carbon deposit issues and how are you looking for them?

I'm not sure what the connection is between Longlife-01 approval and carbon deposits either. Can you explain that?
Until I notice idling and performance loss I am not going to go "looking."

The OP mentioned his manual was calling for LL01, LL04, or LLO4FE. I merely stated I have been using LL01 for a couple of years. The OP was worried about carbon deposits. So I gave him feedback regarding the apparent non-issue regarding carbon deposits on my N18 at its current mileage. Nowhere did I imply a correlation between the use of LL01 spec oil and the apparent lack of carbon deposits. I merely made two separate statements.

Until I notice idling and performance loss I am not going to go "looking."

The OP mentioned his manual was calling for LL01, LL04, or LLO4FE. I merely stated I have been using LL01 for a couple of years. The OP was worried about carbon deposits. So I gave him feedback regarding the apparent non-issue regarding carbon deposits on my N18 at its current mileage. Nowhere did I imply a correlation between the use of LL01 spec oil and the apparent lack of carbon deposits. I merely made two separate statements.
So you are saying that you haven't noticed any idling and performance loss, and are equating that to not having carbon deposits?

And as for a link to Longlife approval I was only going by your statement where you said "For the last couple of years, I have been using Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W40 which has the LL01 approval in my Cooper S with the N18 turbo engine. At 52k miles there are no apparent carbon deposit issues."

So you are saying that you haven't noticed any idling and performance loss, and are equating that to not having carbon deposits?
No, I did not say that and you know it. You should be a lawyer. :ROFLMAO:
And as for a link to Longlife approval I was only going by your statement where you said "For the last couple of years, I have been using Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W40 which has the LL01 approval in my Cooper S with the N18 turbo engine. At 52k miles there are no apparent carbon deposit issues."
If I had wanted to correlate the use of LL01 and the absence of issues related to carbon deposit I would have made a sentence showing a correlation. I would have written, "Thanks to the use of LL01 my car's engine has not developed any noticeable issue due to carbon buildup so far." And even if I had indicated correlation it would not constitute proof of causation.

Now, go argue with someone else. Squabble squabble. 🦃

Last edited:
The OP mentioned his manual was calling for LL01, LL04, or LLO4FE.

He said he expected that. His manual can't call for 'LL-04FE' nor even 'LLO4FE'. lol

i just posted in another tread that it costs 60 euros 5lt can .its not the cheapest oil in europe ,you know.and that price is on autodoc which is usually cheaper than most internet eu and uk shops. whats the price in us?
he can get TOTAL INEO MC3 5-30 ,its not sp, its SN, acea c3 ,mb 229.52 ,LL04 almost same specs with mobil.and can find easily at opieoils.uk ,price is ridiculous for such an oil. i bought it in a bottle that costed me 9 euros only! so if its 5 then 45 euros,cheaper than castrol ! much cheaper -15 euros than mombil 1! and its good oil!

"38,99 EUR 5 Liter Grundpreis 7,80 EUR / Liter":

2nd and 3rd best offerings:

VW 504 00/507 00, Porsche C30, MB 229.51 and of course BMW LL-04 (again).

No, I did not say that and you know it. You should be a lawyer. :ROFLMAO:

If I had wanted to correlate the use of LL01 and the absence of issues related to carbon deposit I would have made a sentence showing a correlation. I would have written, "Thanks to the use of LL01 my car's engine has not developed any noticeable issue due to carbon buildup so far." And even if I had indicated correlation it would not constitute proof of causation.

Now, go argue with someone else. Squabble squabble. 🦃
Argue? What on earth? Only asking about what you yourself posted. One does not need to be a lawyer to merely quote what someone has written.

Why you’d be so combative I’m not sure. Turkey and all.

He said he expected that. His manual can't call for 'LL-04FE' nor even 'LLO4FE'. lol

"38,99 EUR 5 Liter Grundpreis 7,80 EUR / Liter":

2nd and 3rd best offerings:

VW 504 00/507 00, Porsche C30, MB 229.51 and of course BMW LL-04 (again).
first of all its not the same product, might be on sale as an old product, that i don't know. even if the new one has the same price as the old one , none of these online shops are shipping to UK. bcs, even if they did they would match the prise i mentioned , 60 euros plus taxes with shipping costs since UK is not in the EU anymore ( sadly) .
now in UK the price is 57 pounds = 65 euros which will be the aspected price as the old one.

Back