LIVID - Ford Denied warranty on our 14' Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you, zoomed and cropped on the two spots. Between Park and reverse there is material popping up, like frayed plastic. And the other side is the area in question. Don't understand what may have caused it, but it shouldn't happen.

It's two fold. The paint has movement, but the plastic underneath is raised, like really uneven. I thought it might be from the sun roof, light hitting just right abd essentially melting it. And yes, quoted at $400 (thought it was $600) parts and labor. They charge an arm and a leg for it on the paper work

IMG_20140918_193245_zps3fb67589.jpg

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
They determined that you used some kind of cleaning fluid that damaged the trim by just looking at it? Interesting. Must be really cheap material. So, Ford is admitting that they make cars with extremely fragile and cheap material and one should avoid ever cleaning the interior with anything other than a slightly damp rag. The dealer is at least doing a service to the public by warning customers that they own a very delicate car. If you are reading this and own a late model Ford be very careful. You might be on your own if this is an example of how Ford does business. Maybe their motto is, "selling you a car is job one".

From a photo, they were able to determine the chemical composition of said imaginary cleaning compound/fluids. And its literally that one spot!

They have some NASA grade stuff there
smile.gif

Last edited:
That should not be happening. Definitely looks like a defect to me either in the underlying plastic or the paint covering.

You may also want to hit up the BBB autoline. They may be able to put some pressure.

It's a shame they aren't stepping up to the plate on this clear defect. As a shareholder (albeit a small one), I'm ashamed.

Thats bad, here I thought Ford was turning around as far as quality goes. So much for that. Dont give up, keep calling corporate and you should get somewhere. There is no excuse for this. Even if you used a harsh cleaner, this shouldn't happen.

Sent the picture to their Twitter account. I wish their cs department would let me send them pictures.they are just siding with the claims/digital dept.

Last edited:
Man that is bad. I have had some questionable cars over the years. My 80's Dodges and my Jetta come to mind, but I have never had anything like that happen. Plus that is a 2014. I would be upset.

I suggest you detail the entire area to make it look clean and well looked after, and the problem area will stand out way better.

And take a picture with better lighting. Go for a beauty shot.

(I know there's a problem there, but people are less sympathetic if it doesn't look like you're looking after the interior).

Sorry mate, my Moto X isn't the best, and night time. I'll try to snap better photos tomorrow during the day.

I'm just at a loss. Never had dealer warranty troubles like this. Literally feel like they don't care (I see them trending to others on Twitter). Going to try Facebook next, though I imagine they will delete the post.

Last edited:
Doesn't the Magnuson-Moss act require that a manufacturer PROVE that some action on your part caused a failure?

Their "diagnosis" from a photo alone would cast serious doubt on the validity of such a claim.

Just seems odd they wouldn't fix something so simple. I remember when I had my 98 Z28 for about 5 months I tore the rear end up at the track. Car was taken in on a flat bed with all the track numbers on it.
Service Manger "Rough day?"
Me "Yeah, how much will this cost"
Service manager. "It is a 1998 with 6200 miles on it. Factory warranty. You can have it back the end of next week."

I think that is the only time I have used warranty except for the 2007 Equinox, I needed the ignition cylinder replaced. (go figure seems My beloved GM has a problem with them
smile.gif
)

I was thinking Mag/Moss, but not all that familiar with its contents. I know if they specify a product is necessary they need to supply it but nut much else.

Posted to their Facebook, see how long I last. My patience is a little thin after today, tried to keep it nice.

My new Ford has had a few quality issues to but my dealer has been good about fixing them . Ford definitely needs to be better about initial quality

Livid? Well, they do it all the time. They love to say "no". If they say it enough, a few people may say "oh, well", and walk away, and drop it.

And then Ford doesn't have to eat those repairs. So, who wins this game? Ford.

It is all a sleezy game, and the Ford and its dealers play it the sleeziest. And if you complain to Ford about a Ford dealer, they'll simply tell you that Ford dealers are independent businesses, and to go pound sand.

The thing is, resolving a problem is easier than having a customer become irate and waste more of your companies time. Do right by the customer.

Last edited:
It looks like the paint is crazing or lifting. There may have been some chemical exposure prior to or after painting, but it could have happened prior to you taking ownership of the car.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Seems like it's been a long time since we heard that quality is Job #1.

Never really was, just a advertising slogan.

Originally Posted By: ram_man
My new Ford has had a few quality issues to but my dealer has been good about fixing them . Ford definitely needs to be better about initial quality

Folks, at Ford especially it's about how many you can build in an hour. You should hear the horror stories from the employee's from the F-150 plant in Claycomo, MO (KC area).

I had pretty much already decided I would never buy a new car from Ford or another domestic manufacturer. This just adds further confirmation to that decision. I've had lots of problems with Ford dealers. They've pretty much never done anything right.

Now I would consider a used vehicle from a domestic manufacturer. The only manufacturer that has impressed me so far is Mercedes. I'd have little reservation buying a new or used Mercedes from the perspective of customer service by dealers and corporate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back