Little Known Colleges/Universitys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone here tell me some more about the little known college/universities? I mean Arkansas State, Louisiana Layfayette, Louisiana Monroe, Nicholls State and others that are Division I-AA and others? I am interested to know where some of these are located at in the U.S.A. I just found out where THE CITADEL is located at but wonder where VMI is located.

thank you all in advance for any info.

p.s. In case you dont already know, I am a information geek and person that wonders and wants to find out things on stuff like this, so sorry if I come off as "weird".

Adam in PA

Not sure if you'd consider it little known, nationally little known but to the Mid-West its pretty big. And yours truly is currently a junior here so that's always a plus lol.
southern-illinois-salukis.gif

Butler University is growing in popularity. It's only got a few thousand students. They're located in Indianapolis and are very "hot" now after their recent few years of basketball success.

My roommate and another friend went there.

Originally Posted By: digitalSniperX1
http://bit.ly/thBXRZ

PS: Sorry...I just had too.

I agree. Why can you not google for the info you are asking.

Nevertheless, another good source for college info is the web site called "college confidential". Once there you can do a search of the site.

If you are considering attending, you would probably want to stay in-state for $$ reasons.

Last edited:
I'm about 3 hours from Springfield and about 4 from NIU (Normal). Carbondale is about as far south as you can get in the state and still be around a decent amount of people.

University of the Ozarks in Clarksville Arkansas (not to be confused with School of the Ozarks in Missouri). They have grown tremendously since my days there in the early 1980's.

A couple of my favorites...

Berea College, Berea Kentucky....enjoy some of the best Southern cooking you've ever had at the Boone Tavern...YUM!

Trine University formerly Tri-State University, Angola Indiana...one of the nicest college golf courses you'll find on a smaller sized campus...Zollner is a fantastic track to play.

Hillsdale College, Hillsdale MI...an island of common sense in a politically correct world of reverse logic and double speak.

If you ever follow Formula SAE, you probably know about University of Texas at Arlington. They've won more than anybody. They even won Formula Student in the UK.
UTARaceCar.sized.jpg

UTA used to have a football team, but it was hard to fill seats on Saturday when you are halfway between the pre-death penalty Pony Express SMU and noted giant killer TCU. Football went away in 1985.

Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS
A couple of my favorites...

Berea College, Berea Kentucky....enjoy some of the best Southern cooking you've ever had at the Boone Tavern...YUM!

Trine University formerly Tri-State University, Angola Indiana...one of the nicest college golf courses you'll find on a smaller sized campus...Zollner is a fantastic track to play.

Hillsdale College, Hillsdale MI...an island of common sense in a politically correct world of reverse logic and double speak.
+++++1 on Tri-State (Trine) and Hillsdale College. I am QUITE familiar with both. They represent 'Education' not 'Indoctrination'. BIG difference! John--Las Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back