Liquimoly does have MoS2! Ok....a bit of additive sub-forum clickbait

To all my BITOG friends...er...haters.....cheers and Merry Christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate or don't celebrate. I know what I want in my stocking (and congealed in the bottom of my oil pan)!

Capture.JPG

To all my BITOG friends...er...haters.....cheers and Merry Christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate or don't celebrate. I know what I want in my stocking (and congealed in the bottom of my oil pan)!

View attachment 132145
Just tossed in Ceratec with M1 0w30 and a hint of Hydraulic Lifter Additive after doing a ten minute idle flush using Gumout Multitune and a CRC GDi cleaning.

So you need to put in an extra additive to make the oil stronger lol
So any oil beyond bare min. is beyond your scope. Got it. Supertech makes some nice products...I use them and I suggest you do too. There is another oil using W like this product. Many higher end oils use much more Mo beyond what is likely required for average folks using average vehicles in average ways.

I just can't think of a single reason to use LM oil. The stuff is unremarkable and overpriced.

There's nothing to be a fan of. The evangelical following is the icing on the cake.
Agree with all of this, plus, I don't see Mobil, Shell, or any other reputable motor oil producers advertising additives to be used in their already formulated finished oils.

That's what's kind of crazy to me, is these rabid fans preach about how superior LM is, but it's so good that you have to also buy and pour in their secondary additives to bolster the oil itself? Is the oil not good enough then? There's no concern about altering the balance of the oil's formulation then?

I view Liqui-Moly as being like Lucas in a suit and tie.

And for what it's worth, I've used the LM oil mud flush and their Proline flush, and these products *did* reduce oil burning in a Toyota with carboned up rings for me, so I by no means am bashing their entire portfolio or anything, but their motor oils are completely average and overpriced and the additives aren't, imo, something that should be considered a requirement for new/well running engines, but that's how people use them.

Last edited:
Reactions: hrv
Agree with all of this, plus, I don't see Mobil, Shell, or any other reputable motor oil producers advertising additives to be used in their already formulated finished oils.

That's what's kind of crazy to me, is these rabid fans preach about how superior LM is, but it's so good that you have to also buy and pour in their secondary additives to bolster the oil itself? Is the oil not good enough then? There's no concern about altering the balance of the oil's formulation then?

I view Liqui-Moly as being like Lucas in a suit and tie.

And for what it's worth, I've used the LM oil mud flush and their Proline flush, and these products *did* reduce oil burning in a Toyota with carboned up rings for me, so I by no means am bashing their entire portfolio or anything, but their motor oils are completely average and overpriced and the additives aren't, imo, something that should be considered a requirement for new/well running engines, but that's how people use them.
Heard this, or words similar so many times.
If you need to put an additive into your motor oil, then you really need a better motor oil.

but it's so good that you have to also buy and pour in their secondary additives to bolster the oil itself? Is the oil not good enough then?
Most of LM's oils have OE approvals and so will perform like any other oil with the same approvals. Selling additives isn't the same as saying "you need to add them".

Heard this, or words similar so many times.
If you need to put an additive into your motor oil, then you really need a better motor oil.
This should be "want" - much like the many here are using HPL products (the new VII-free line) or the like...folks want the best possible base stocks/additive packs so are going with an oil that arguably isn't needed at all in their application over an OTS oil but they want it...cool by me...just like if you want to use a can of Ceratec etc. in your car for a real or possibly just perceived benefit...whatever makes you happy. I believe there was a Euro cert'd (TUV?) test floating around for Ceratec indicating it did what it said in that testing.

Edit. In before @hrv laugh reacts...DANGIT TOO LATE!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣

Last edited:
We've had people using some of the boutique oils as an additive to improve their oil. Schaeffer's, BG,Liquimoly all sell performance additives for those that want to offer their car more protection. One of our newest sponsors @High Performance Lubricants states that their Synthetic Engine Cleaner is used to help clean up what commodity oils leave behind. Sounds like they are talking about oils that meet specifications and nothing more to me. Some of these specs were such a failure in the past that products like Lubegard Red had to come about just to help save transmissions as GM spec fluid wasn't cutting it. I do have more faith in the boutique products as they just seem to truly give users better results. Many people won't pay that price and I can see where the additive market can be helpful. Some of us on here will never be happy with additives, some will be happy if they work to fix a problem, and some will use them and be the judge and jury of the outcome they wanted or expected.

Look...a thinie using a thickie AND MoS2...amazing...advantage thickies...and LM!

• Haha
Reactions: hrv
This one is too good not to use twice today.

7s9o5u.jpg

Back