Liqui Moly different oil explaintions

Find the Liqui Moly that meets your car specification,

then look on Rock Auto for it...

No, they changed the spec a while back requiring VCC RBS0-2AE. I think it had to do with the rings and oil burning. On the 0W-20 and hard driving, ours uses no oil, so I have no issues running it. I have been for over a year now.
Same for my 2016 S60 R Design T6 2.0 Drive-E. 35K miles and no signs of oil consumption. Oil and filter from FCP. Great guys to work with.

Liqui Moly has so many oils to choose from and I dont know what each one specializes in or what their benefits are. If yall could give a run down on specifically these oils it would help so much!
1. Molygen new generation
2. Synthoil Premium
3. Leichtlauf high tech.
4. Special tech AA
If you dont have answers to all of them thats okay I just would like a brief explanation on what each of those specific oils from them mean and what they are specialized for :) ! Its confusing as they have so much when I look up what oil to use from their website.

All overpriced Group III oils, but it's made in Germany, so it has to be good.

Maybe it's a German thing. Ravenol is similar in the sense that they use 3 letter designations for their different products, which mean absolutely nothing to the common person reading the label. Specifications on the Ravenol website does describe the differences in good detail though.

Thank goodness for the Mercedes Benz BEVO list!
So does Amsoil, as they use 3-letter codes for their products as well.

LM does its own analysis as to what's best for that car. Ir may not cover all situations (no one does)
All you have to do is enter your car model year and other specs required, press on submit and presto LM comes up with the right oil.
All this from their webpage.

Last edited:
All overpriced Group III oils, but it's made in Germany, so it has to be good.

Nothing to do with made in Germany. Several US oil blenders write Made in the USA on their bottles and IMHO that's (both) a good thing.
I agree most of it is (US market prices provided) overpriced HC stuff. LM recently started making some pretty tempting PAO based gear oils though.

The reasoning behind MADE IN GERMANY is that all of the oils/additives/whatevers are made in just a few factories there which gives credit to their overall control of the process/end products and QA/QC and it's why they market it that way like it or hate it.

And you base this statement on what reputable source?
Group 3 HC oils for sure for of folks are using but do make some Group 4s I believe, not really for sale here/mostly in Euro. Overpriced is a relative statement for sure.

Given the price differential I seen no verifiable technical reason to chose an LM product over something with identical approvals that can be half the price.

Of course you don't get the cool name and container to show off in your garage (or post pictures to Bitog) so if that's important to you then it may influence your decision.
You forgot the "free" oil change sticker that they add to the label, it increases the value by $10 or $15.

For all the folks talking about the cost - mine are 0/zip/nadda/free from FCP Euro.

Back