Lets talk about new vehicles

Stinger gt. Grand touring king. Seats are fantastic, rides quiet and smooth. Huge back seat also
I thought about one, but it’s a bit big for my tastes. Plus, the dealers around here all order AWD cars which means you get grand touring tires and a top speed limiter under 150 mph.
No thanks.

Given the global semiconductor shortage, there may not be too many incentives out there anytime soon.
With some graphics cards trading for 3x retail value on Ebay you have to be greatful to buy anything electronics at full retail price. Cars could be heading to MSRP plus markups.

You have to be careful
Several dealers here have separate storage lots and can play the rare game on you. Most do it here.
Hard to do that to smart people when you can use the manufacturer's website to locate inventory. Most of the vans i was searching for were marketed at least a week before they showed up.

With some graphics cards trading for 3x retail value on Ebay you have to be greatful to buy anything electronics at full retail price. Cars could be heading to MSRP plus markups.
Here they don't want to give you good money for your used vehicle
So if they play the MSRP game I will play the private sale game on my trade in- sounds fair
Gold is gold no matter how old right?

Hard to do that to smart people when you can use the manufacturer's website to locate inventory. Most of the vans i was searching for were marketed at least a week before they showed up.
And you did that because most websites like cargurus etc did not even have a listing for it,
You had too. Do you know how many people go to a dealership uninformed and just make up discounts that have
no relevance whatsoever. i see it all the time- of course you have the penny counters too.
The car bidness is a weird game

Here they don't want to give you good money for your used vehicle
So if they play the MSRP game I will play the private sale game on my trade in- sounds fair
Gold is gold no matter how old right?
In my business, i purchased an unwanted item at a discount and hope to resell it later for significantly more money. Car dealers are doing the same thing but with much smaller percentages. When people are done with a car or whatever they tend to not care that much what they get for it. Big profits for the dealer when the person just lets it go for whatever. A pawn shop or other form of used goods store might offer only 25% of what they intend to retail it for. We get bent out of shape on, for example, $20k trade in offer when we can get 23k selling it ourselves. (sales tax makes this less than a 3k spread).

In my business, i purchased an unwanted item at a discount and hope to resell it later for significantly more money. Car dealers are doing the same thing but with much smaller percentages. When people are done with a car or whatever they tend to not care that much what they get for it. Big profits for the dealer when the person just lets it go for whatever. A pawn shop or other form of used goods store might offer only 25% of what they intend to retail it for. We get bent out of shape on, for example, $20k trade in offer when we can get 23k selling it ourselves. (sales tax makes this less than a 3k spread).
Yeah I have been in sales for over 40 years but only sell my own wares.
That said I only use a trade in to get relief from the 6% car tax in MD or I would never trade.
I really hate trading anything. Nothing better than going straight in with no trade. Of course conversation only here

About 5 years ago a customer of mine in Canada retired and went to work as a salesperson at a local VW.
He asked if I wanted an education... sure

One of the Tidbits he told me was.. If the customer leaves a rebate on the table because they don't know about it the
salesperson and the dealership split that 50/50.....nice

In Utah they play a game where the price has a $1000-1500 dollar Trade in discount. Meaning you only get that if they buy your car in the deal. Of course you can get more out of it if you sell it yourself but many don't want to bother. They also do a $1,000-$1,500 "dealer financing" discount where they stick you with an expensive rate and take the bank kickback. As much as i love cars i don't think i could stand the ethics of the whole business.

I thought about one, but it’s a bit big for my tastes. Plus, the dealers around here all order AWD cars which means you get grand touring tires and a top speed limiter under 150 mph.
No thanks.
As long as it has 19 inch wheels, awd or rwd its top speed is 167

I like the instrument cluster don't think that's been posted before.
The Rogue has their version of that instrument cluster as well, although I think Mitsubishi did a nicer job with it.

37a7f1a8edb86e074d0c1acc3e6ab761a1477e9e.jpg

The Rogue has their version of that instrument cluster as well, although I think Mitsubishi did a nicer job with it.

37a7f1a8edb86e074d0c1acc3e6ab761a1477e9e.jpg
CR said Mitsubishi was a step above the Rav4 and Tiguan
And that the interior was top shelf.
I don't think that ever happened before.
They did not like the top trim pricing of $38k because it was a Mitsubishi

Back