Lets see your home defense set ups and lube choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Originally Posted By: BeerCan
Live in a safe area. My pistols are available but the clip needs to be inserted for them to be loaded. Some people will say that is stupid but I don't care.

Suit yourself but it's NOT A CLIP.
A nail is not a screw.
clip_magazine-1.jpg

You'd be safer with a Taser. Seriously.

You are correct I should use the correct words. There was a time in my life that I would have never let that happen.

I am not going to talk to much about this but it takes mere seconds to load the weapons so they are still better than a taser. It brings me piece of mind so I will continue to do it, chances are I will never need my weapon at home anyway.

Last edited:
The seconds it takes you to load may be the ones you need to defend yourself. And honestly, in the dead of the night, jerked from a slumber, in the dark, with your adrenaline going...those mags are not going to be as easy to load as you think. Your biology works against you in such situations as much as the environment does. If you don't believe me, I recommend you pick up Dave Grossman's "On Combat" and give it a look over.

Live in a safe area. My pistols are available but the clip needs to be inserted for them to be loaded. Some people will say that is stupid but I don't care.

Yep.its stupid. But I do the same.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al

Yep.its stupid. But I do the same.

I wish someone would please explain the logic in doing this? Just what do you think you're keeping yourself "safe from"???? Yourself? If you don't trust yourself with a loaded weapon, you shouldn't be carrying or handling one to begin with. A car with an empty gas tank is as useless as a flashlight without batteries. Just as a weapon is without ammunition in it. I'm surprised by the lack of common sense here, by agreeing with logic you both admit is, "stupid".

Novices loading mags under stress in the dark is going to lead to bad things. If they even remember to grab a mag to load. At least load mag and leave chamber empty. Unloaded guns are more dangerous than loaded guns. The build bad habits.

Loading the gun under stress can induce malfunctions and jams - not something you want when the time comes. If you have no kids, its better to just leave it loaded in the night stand. Or if you have kids, then get a quick access bio metric safe. They can be had for under $100.

thread-starter....

Takes way-too-long to insert the magazine - rack the slide - then position the manual safety lever.

By then, you have been killed 2-3 times.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Loading the gun under stress can induce malfunctions and jams - not something you want when the time comes. If you have no kids, its better to just leave it loaded in the night stand. Or if you have kids, then get a quick access bio metric safe. They can be had for under $100.

+1

Originally Posted By: billt460
[/b] But I do the same.

I wish someone would please explain the logic in doing this? I'm surprised by the lack of common sense here, by agreeing with logic you both admit is, "stupid".

I am not claiming any logic here. Its what I do. I keep a very low light in the bedroom. Our house is extremely difficult (read it will take a bit of time for someone to break in and figure out where we exactly are === plus we have alarms.

My chances of dying bc I can not throw a mag in there in enough time are .00001 as likely for me dying bc of a stroke or heart attack. I would say anyone that does not have a defibrillator at home is 10000 times more at risk than not having a mag in their firearm.

To each his own. no argument needed by me.
11.gif

Originally Posted By: hatt
Novices loading mags under stress in the dark is going to lead to bad things. If they even remember to grab a mag to load. At least load mag and leave chamber empty. Unloaded guns are more dangerous than loaded guns. The build bad habits.

Very true....for a novice. And such a novice maybe shouldn't have any firearm laying around.

Last edited:
My chances of dying bc I can not throw a mag in there in enough time are .00001 as likely for me dying bc of a stroke or heart attack. I would say anyone that does not have a defibrillator at home is 10000 times more at risk than not having a mag in their firearm.

That is the dumbest, most illogical thing I've ever heard. Why don't you compare it to the Asteroid, or the Sun going into Supernova and be done with it?

JMHO, but I wouldn't post any of my firearms on a public website.

I want burglers and other univited intruder(s) to guess at what they may be facing.
smile.gif

That is the dumbest, most illogical thing I've ever heard. Why don't you compare it to the Asteroid, or the Sun going into Supernova and be done with it?

Why? Risk is risk. You feel the risk is high not having a mag in your pistol, no?

You feel the risk is high not having a mag in your pistol, no?

The gun is useless without it. What does "risk" have to do with anything? What are you "risking" by keeping your gun loaded?

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Have you ever considered moving to a better area so you don't have to live with that sort of paranoia all the time?

You're confusing "paranoia" with preparedness. On the other hand, you're a living nightmare waiting to happen. Walking around in "Condition White" 24/7.

It's a gun collection. There is nothing wrong with liking guns, wanting to carry than or having a large collection.

I don't know why people insist that these collections are for "home defense".

Very true....for a novice. And such a novice maybe shouldn't have any firearm laying around.
I don't think you understand what a novice is.

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Have you ever considered moving to a better area so you don't have to live with that sort of paranoia all the time?

You're confusing "paranoia" with preparedness. On the other hand, you're a living nightmare waiting to happen. Walking around in "Condition White" 24/7.

It's a gun collection. There is nothing wrong with liking guns, wanting to carry than or having a large collection.

I don't know why people insist that these collections are for "home defense".

Honestly, I think if we did not have our Bill of Rights under constant assault, there would not be a collective need to justify exercising our natural born rights as American citizens.

Anyone who keeps an unloaded weapon for self defense should have their wife vigorously shake them awake some random night and say someone is breaking into the house and see how it goes. Or set the alarm off and scream or whatever.

All I know is when the guys I shoot & train with decide to up the pace and shoot for time things start to go wrong, and that isn't playing for keeps. Someone said odds are he'll never need it, and that's correct. Seems like dangerous fence sitting, either go all-in playing the odds or all-in on self defense.

I don't think you understand what a novice is.

Someone who can't insert a mag into a pistol and rack the slide very quickly and safely?

LOL you guys are easy to work up and make a lot of assumptions. But like I said I don't really care about your opinions on my actions. Just thought I would post up my pistols, I like them and wanted to share. Probably should have posted in a new/different thread.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Anyone who keeps an unloaded weapon for self defense should have their wife vigorously shake them awake some random night and say someone is breaking into the house and see how it goes. Or set the alarm off and scream or whatever.

You could also try that with a loaded weapon if you don't like your wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.